Chapter 1

Jethro was seated on his couch, reading a book when he received a knock on his front door. As he stood up to see who it was, he could hear the quick-falling raindrops, on his roof from Hurricane Molly. He walked toward his door and opened it. Standing on his front porch before him was a woman, probably about 10 or 15 years younger than him, soaked in water. He quickly let her in and gave her a towel. "Who are you?," he asked her. "Oh. Sorry," she said, pulling out her driver's licence and holding it up so he could see. "Jacqueline Sloane," she said. He looked at her smile as she put her wallet away. "Well, do ya like coffee?," he asked her. "Uh, yeah. By the gallon," She said, with a smirk on her face. He chuckled. He went to the kitchen and poured a hot coffee into a mug. When he came back into the living room, she was looking around. He handed her the mug and they started talking. "...And you are a cowboy," She said, smiling. Jethro chuckled. Then his phone rang. It was Vance. He answered the call in the kitchen. "...Alright, I'll be there soon," he said and shut his flip phone. He walked back into the living room and said, "I've got to go. Lock up when you're done," and he tossed her the keys. He walked to the door. "Thanks for the coffee!," She yelled after him.