Chapter 6

Years later, Jack was considering leaving NCIS. She was at her desk looking at places to go when Jethro walked in. "You're informant. I need a profile," Jethro said, handing her a folder. "Sure," Jack said, sniffling her nose. She takes a look at the folder. "Anything in particular you're looking for?," Jack asked. "No," Jethro said, shaking his head. "I just need to know who she is," Jack closed the folder. "Kay," she said, sniffing. She looked up at Jethro: who smiled. "It's gonna take some time," Jack said. Jethro leaned over the desk. "Okay?," Jethro replied. "Um," she chuckled, which made him chuckle. "You wanna have a seat and maybe tell me why you're really here?," Jack asked. Jethro thought for a moment and sat down. "You notice...uh Jimmy? Acting differently today?," Jethro asked. "Well the man lost his wife, had to grieve alone, he couldn't even give Breena a real memorial," Jack said. "Ya. I thought in the beginning we should leave him alone and now I'm thinking you should talk to him," he said. "Maybe, you need to talk to him, Gibbs. If anyone understands what he's going through right now, it's you," she said. Gibbs leaned forward and noticed booklets stacked; starting with Jamaica on Jack's desk; beside her. "You planning a trip?," he asked. "Ya. I guess you could say that," Jack said. Gibbs sighed. "Hm," he said. "Been weighing some things," she said. "Like what?," Gibbs asked. "NCIS?," Jack replied. "The last 10 months really have me rethinking what's important," Gibbs sighed again. "Well what's important, Jack?," Jethro asked. "I think it's time I slowed my life down a bit. Coming out of the city. Maybe uh go to Costa Rica, open a bar on the beach. Just uh be," she said. "Costa Rica," he said. "What do you think?," she asked. "Um," he said. The pain is obvious on his face. He nodded his head. "Mhm," was the only thing that would come out. He felt like crying but he forced a smile. "Mm," Jack said. She shrugged her shoulders. This would be it. Nothing. Neither could say 'I Love You'. Neither knew how to. They couldn't utter a word. How could they? They would soon be apart. Probably forever.