Goodbye Stranger

It was 5:30 p.m and she knew that at any moment her husband would arrive at their home. He got out of work at 5, but he had to drive from the nearby city back to their town. The dinner was waiting warm in the pot, ready to be served. Across the hall, she was waiting on her couch, watching Happy Days on the TV.

Like a clockwork, she heard his car in their driveway, so she got up and started to fill their plates with her delicious stew. He always came back with an empty stomach and an insatiable hunger. Trixie loved to cook, it was one of her favorite activities, also because she knew she was good at it.

"I'm home, my dolly" James announced like any other day of the week, after he walked in that doorway.

"Hi Jimmy" That's how she preferred to call him. Soon he had his hand on her waist, giving her a peck on the lips. Afterwards, it was always the same routine. He would tell her about what happened in the factory and his work, she would tell him about the interesting news of her day and later they would watch some TV together.

Later, after he got out of the shower, and as she was comfortably reading a book in their bed, he would approach her with desire in his eyes. She was used to it, leaving her book on her bedside table.

There was a lot of stuff that her husband was talented and good at, but having sex with her wasn't one of his virtues. It was so fucking predictable: he would grip her breasts, kiss the same places, and fuck her, doggy style. The blandest and most boring way possible. He always came, but Trixie, on the other hand, was the greatest actress at it. She moaned convincingly, like she was having the time of her life, sometimes without even thinking about it. She was left unsatisfied, as always. That's why, after he fell asleep, snoring right next to her, she would reach to the places he never did and chase her orgasm on her own. Her nights finished like this, falling asleep with a discontented feeling on her chest.

***

Meanwhile, just a few blocks away, Katya was in her bed as well, after smoking another cigarette. Being alone, on her own, had some dangers to it. One of them was thinking about her ex, Violet. Her mind was malicious, not letting her forget that beautiful dark hair like the color of the night, tiny and delicate arms, long legs, porcelain skin, and a bitchy attitude. She had never thought that she was ever going to fall in love so hard with her. Five years ago she might have laughed at that possibility, but it happened. It sucked. This empty feeling sucked so much, and she felt such a loser for being this sad over a heartbreak.

They had distanced themselves, their lives getting more different as time passed by. While Katya was writing in their apartment, going to cafes and meetings, Violet was doing photoshoots, going to events, and partying. When she was leaving the bed, her ex was arriving at their home, going straight to the mattress.

Thinking about it was useless, she needed to move on, as the other woman had done. It had been four months and at this point it was laughable. It wasn't love anymore, it was the fact that she was alone again and that made her afraid.

She tossed and turned on her mattress. Now she was totally on her own, in this quiet town, a total stranger for everyone. Stealing looks wherever she went. Every single one of them... Except that angel from the grocery store. Now her thoughts were occupied by big blonde curls, caramel brown eyes, and a name that she hadn't forgotten yet: Trixie. God, she was so fucking lost already. She didn't remember ever getting this flustered over a woman she had never met before. That adorable pink shirt with fringe which seemed as if it was going to rip at any moment thanks to those huge breasts.

' You need to get laid ', but even that thought was funny. There was no action that she could get, not in this town, in the middle of nowhere. She was sure there weren't any other women who happened to be attracted to other women in here, or they maybe were deep in the closet.