PREFACE - LEGACIES

PREFACE - LEGACIES

THIRD PERSON POV

The atmosphere in the room was anything but happy at the moment, in fact, it was tense and slightly hostile. Six people total stood across from three other people, each group on opposite sides of the office area.

"You mean to tell me that you lost our daughter?" The seething man with bright glowing yellow eyes all but snarled, teeth bared.

The woman beside him was in no better shape, her hair was loose around her, and her red-coated lips only accented the fury in her facial features. Whether it was blood on her lips or lipstick they had yet to figure that out. 

"Niklaus, you know I would never purposefully lose her. She just kind of disappeared." 

"A girl of Hope's status does not simply disappear, you let her go missing."

"No, she literally disappeared, along with the newest Bennett Witch, and a wolf friend."

"I have spoken to students who have mentioned that while she and the two boys where alone in the gardens, which is something else we will be discussing, a strange women in black nearly non-existent garments came creeping out of the woods and said a few words to her, before the three of them went missing." 

Elijah and Hayley both raised their own brows at this, neither one of them knowing that Niklaus had enough time to talk to anyone, as they had literally all three suddenly appeared at the gates of the school not even an hour ago. And all three had been dead up until their appearance at the gate. It was honestly a very dramatic event. 

Alaric Saltzman, the headmaster of the private school known as the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted, swallowed thickly, shifting his position and subtly reaching for the dagger he had tucked under his coat. 

He had gone up against the Mikaelson family a dozen times, and the only ones he was even remotely terrified of was the three should be dead ones in front of him. And Hope, but that was because she was the daughter of two of the three in front of him. 

"Okay, so we might have lost Hope, but we also lost two other students as well. We have a video of whatever creepy witch came out of the woods and we've put out a picture one of the students drew of her to the witch covens worldwide. We are doing everything in our..." Alaric ducks as Niklaus lunges towards him, spinning out of the raging Original Hybrid's way. He honestly really hated having to fight Niklaus, the man was both brain and brawn, and his temper was almost as bad as his daughters. 

Of course, he wasn't expecting Elijah to flash in beside him, nor was he expecting Elijah to grab him by his throat and all but toss him into a wall across the room. It was most definitely out of character for the man who had been the long-time peacekeeper between the Mystic Falls group and the Mikaelson family.