no happy endings or endings at all

prologue no happy endings or endings at alltw

tw. swearing, mentions of death

The days flew by slowly, but surely.

Ascella Valdine's life had become much more than a train-wreck and in a matter of minutes at that. Salty tears stained her pillow case and eyeliner, her pale cheeks. Her world shrank, one that was once too small for her, now was blank white for as far as she could see.

She knew death was inevitable, but at what cost?

His was a blur, but she watched from the front row as Harry Potter carried him out of the fog and Amos' screams would forever linger. She sat doe-eyed at the front row, hands gripping the railing tighter by the second and she knew one thing: there would be no savior.

He played that part for her, perfectly, but he was gone without any chance of her ever getting to save him.

Cedric Diggory just had to go and get himself killed. He broke their promise, severed the eternal bond they shared and left the earthly world as they knew it, fueling and enticing her rage in the process. 

Ascella thought they shared more than a pinky promise that he'd return in full health with the tri-wizard cup held high and a grin bigger than he'd ever flashed before. She knew it'd all might as well have gone to shit when Harry Potter's name got called from the goblet of fire and she knew that Potter would win: he always did, he was always held higher than everyone else because he survived a killing curse flung directly at him by Lord Voldemort himself with the power of parental love. She knew that scene would forever haunt her dreams and she knew that Cedric wouldn't come back, because the dead do not return and that's just what Cedric Diggory was. Dead.

At least that's what she thought.

Her dream of kissing as many girls as she could throughout the school year and partying until the sun came out was down the drain and she'd rather mope around her bedroom with dreams of forgetting Cedric and moving on:  contrary to her first dreams of saving him, she'd finally be given a chance.

The universe took her sorrow, fucked it up and sent her two-hundred ninety six days into the past where she can finally save Cedric as long as she manages not to fuck things up. Easy enough, right?

Wrong, because if she counted sacrificing two people, watching Cedric die more times than she can count and eventually accidentally killing herself as messing things up, Ascella's gone one foot too deep into her own world of complete shit.

But, unlike the last hundred times, Ascella's determined. She's a woman on a mission, who's not going on to her last year of school without her best friend and the glory that comes with him.

Throw Cho Chang into the mix, a girl a year younger who claims to be Cedric's year-long girlfriend and have her experience the same exact thing Ascella's going through, fuck with the timeline a bit more, and Ascella may just have herself a problem.

So, maybe Ascella Valdine is going completely and undeniably bonkers but the universe has blessed her with someone who could possibly be of service to her, for the small price of her sanity and will to live? Fair enough.

Falling in love was not supposed to be part of the deal, though.

( sat speaks! )

really decent prologue? 
i think yes.

i actually think i like
the prologue so yes, time
loop plots are my shit

hope you enjoyed this, vote
and comment, it keeps me
motivated to post when i can <333