𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ➪ 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘, 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑦.

CHAPTER THREE
𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑜𝑓𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘, 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑒𝑑𝑦

━━━ DICK HAD BARELY RUBBED THE SLEEP OUT OF HIS EYES WHEN MIA CAME BARRELING INTO HIS ROOM WITH A TABLET IN HER HANDS, FUMING ABOUT SOMETHING AND SHOUTING AT HIM, ALTHOUGH HE COULD BARELY FOCUS ON WHAT SHE WAS SAYING. He grumbled out some curses, telling her to leave. When he felt something land on his leg, the boy pulled his head out of the covers. He picked up the device, staring at the screen before he recognized the icon in the corner and saw a video of himself beating up the drug dealers.

He cursed himself for a moment for being forgetful. He hadn't checked for cameras in the alleyway.

   The feeling dissolved quickly though, once he realized his identity was concealed the entire time, and there was no way for them to trace it back to him, seeing as he'd cleared his tracks and picked up all of his gadgets.

   'GOTHAM SIDEKICK APPEARS IN SMALL CALIFORNIA TOWN', the headline read.

"Wow! Local news already!" He snarked.

"This is serious, Grayson."

"Bite me, Dearden."

Rolling his eyes, the teenager got up and shoved the brunette out by her shoulders, slamming the door in her face and ignoring her relentless pounding on the wood. He busied himself by getting ready for school that day. The acrobat went to his closet, picking out a sky blue shirt, a pair of jeans, and a black jacket.

Thank god for public school, he thought. I couldn't do another semester in uniform.

Once he was dressed and had slipped on his sneakers, the boy opened his door and walked into the hall.

Mia was waiting against the wall and was quick to kick off and follow him when he exited.

   "I can't believe you!" She chastised the bored vigilante. "A confession! That's all you had to get!" She trailed after him through their kitchen, observing the way he favored his left leg and limped just the slightest bit. It would be unnoticeable to anyone else. "We didn't need you to take out multiple guys!"

   Dick lost his patience, whirling around on her. "I got the confession, didn't I? Hackett is behind bars, like he should be, and so are his buddies. I did my job, and the cops'. So, get off my back, Speedy."

   Wally waltzed into the kitchen, oblivious to the tension as he grabbed an apple from the bowl on the island. He hummed to himself rather loudly before biting into the fruit, the chewing noise seeming to break the stare-off between the other two teens. They looked over at him incredulously, obviously annoyed by his loudness so early in the morning.

   Mia scoffed and shook her head, "get in the car." The girl glanced back at Dick. "Stop limping, you'll draw attention." She yanked her backpack off of the floor and stomped off, leaving the two boys to stare at the spot she once stood.

   Wally rolled his brown eyes. "What the hell did you do to her?"

   Dick threw his arms up, exasperated. "What the fuck? I didn't do anything! She's the one acting like I don't know what I'm doing." He didn't need to mention that he'd been doing this longer than Mia—Wally knew already.