chapter eleven

Chika assumed they had arrived wherever Kyle wanted them to go to because the air suddenly smelled different. His eyes were closed. For some reason best known to him,he felt it was necessary. Teleporting wasn't an easy sport. The fact that they weren't were they had been few minutes ago served to remind just how real all of this was.

"Are you there?" Kyle's saccharine voice reached out to him. He ignored it.

Chika already knew where they were. Didn't need to open his eyes for it. The air was familiar;old,rotten and poor. The faint sound of chickens at one side. The familiar loud snore. The way the hair on his skin rose up in irritation. Yep,he was home.

Why was he here?

He opened his eyes slowly and glared at Kyle in question. Kyle ignored him and instead,scanned the environment.

Chika felt hot from embarrassment.

No one knew where he lived. No one knew he lived in a shanty town,mud hut and all. The environment looked just like it did in a textbook's image definition of poverty. The mud huts were arranged horizontally,identical huts facing each other. Old wrappers served as doors against the door frames. A little shapeless window had been cut out for all the doors recently. For those who reared animals,they kept it close to their huts. Thereby,making the air have a mix of goat and poultry smell. By the extreme end of the small town was where not only his disgusting neighbors dumped their garbage but also a good portion of the rest of the city. And he watched Kyle take it all in.

He bit his lips in frustration,and questioned between his teeth. "And?"

Kyle finally looked at him and raised an eyebrow in question. "Why do you look so pressed?"

"What???!" Is that a serious question? He felt ridiculously close to tears,his voice a whisper-yell as addressed Kyle. "You know what I wished for yet you bring me to the exact opposite. Is this your idea of a joke? If you're trying to mock me,well good job."

Kyle stared wide eyed and defended himself in a quiet voice. "This is what you wanted! This is what you asked for!"

"Wh-what...you...oh my god!" He ran a hand over his face and glared heatedly at Kyle. He thundered. "You do not stand there and tell me what I want. Christ!"

Chika's voice wasn't that loud but he flinched anyways. "Apparently that's my job" He breathed deeply and nodded his head forward. He stated quietly,"You need to see your mother. Now."

Chika's eyebrows shot up at the order. He crossed his arms over his chest, and eyes Kyle up and down. "I'm here now, aren't I? I'll go see her."

"Good."

"Good."

They fell quiet.

Chika sucked in a harsh breath as he watched Kyle watch him. The tension in the air was palpable,tangible,he could almost touch it. This was another one of their fights only that there were no words exchanged.

He loosened his grip over his torso and planted them on his hips. Fixing Kyle a grim look, he finally spoke.

"You are not coming with me."

Kyle frowned slightly,pursing his lips,his eyes downcast as he pondered over something. He looked up at Chika with a small smile. "Are you pushing me away?"

"This was going to happen sooner or later."

He shrugged. "I was hoping I could see your mother." His hopeful eyes were shattered by Chika's sharp and intense no.

Kyle was like an itch that didn't want to go away. A bad itch you desperately want to get rid of. Internally, he recoiled at the thought of letting Kyle in his less than hospitable home. There were no furnitures. Nearly everything in the house was a makeshift, mimicking real furnitures.