Fourth Year

Dedicated to queenxanaa

The employees of the Hotel Empire greet the little Bass as he runs down the stairs in a tux made by the company of his very own mother.

His hair is handsomely combed to the back, showing the mixed features he got from his parents. His defined jawline made him look like the perfect, little version of his father, while his pinkish, soft lips were the exact same as his mother's.

He greets the people familiar to him. The four year old easily got through the busy staff as they prepare for the big night- his big night.

"Slow down, Mister Henry!" Dorota runs after him but hardly does when Henry runs off to a crowd where his figure was drowned out by the adults.

He giggles like a fool when he successfully got out from Dorota's company when all of a sudden two big hands wrap around his body.

"You have been very naughty." He hears his Daddy's voice, making him try to wiggle out of his grasp but his father is far too strong for him to escape.

"Henry, what did Mommy and I say about running around the hotel?" Chuck says in a stern voice. Him and Blair made sure their son was well disciplined and well mannered. They had made a promise not to be like their parents to Henry. So far, they had done a pretty good job, considering he hasn't been able to take the smile off his face ever since he woke up.

"Sorry, Daddy." He said and wrapped his tiny arms around Chuck's neck, making his father's heart melt.

He pulls away when the scent of his mother invaded his nose.

"Mommy!" Henry successfully wiggles out of Chuck's arms and attacks her mother with a hug in the legs.

"Hi, baby. Dorota says you've been very silly today." Blair pouts and and pinches her small son's nose.

"You're silly, Mommy." He giggles and hugs her again. Blair laughed at how clingy her son was. He cries easily when his parents are not around and has fun easily when his parents are in one room.

"Blair." She sees her husband pout when he's completely ignored. She rolls her eyes sarcastically and whispers something onto Henry's ear that makes him walk towards Dorota.

"I've got competition." Chuck says, the pout still evident on his face. Blair plants a kiss right above his jawline and looks at him in disbelief.

"He's your son." Blair clarifies in which he chuckles as a response. He tells her he's joking and kisses her one last time before going up to their room at the hotel to freshen Henry up.

"Daddy, this color isn't very nice." His son whines, drops his small figure on the bed and closes his eyes.

"I know, Hen, but Mommy picked it. She's gonna be upset if you don't wear it. She designed it herself." Chuck holds his suit up for him to see clearly.

It was in a color gray, a color Henry despises when a gray colored pencil made him trip in school because of running too fast with his other friends.

"Fine. Only because I love Mommy and I don't want her upset." Chuck ruffles his son's hair and smiles at him before helping the four year old put the suit on.

When it was time to go down, Chuck takes his son in his arms and walk their way into the lobby of the Empire where Henry's birthday party was held.

Blair had planned the whole thing out, with a little bit of help with some party planners. Chuck thought they were useless, knowing his wife was going to do things her way anyway.

Every year, Henry's birthday parties had been very extravagant, all because of Blair, of course. Chuck had no objections as he was used to big crowds but sometimes he just wanted to have his wife and son to himself. Just the three of them while him and Blair sing Henry a 'Happy Birthday'.

His wife was and is the boss. Always.

"My two boys. You both look handsome." Blair greets them as they walk into the venue. Chuck puts Henry down who immediately takes Blair's hand on his right hand and Chuck's on his left.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, let's give way to Mr. and Mrs. Bass with our birthday boy, Mr. Henry Bass!" The master of ceremonies start to talk. The three smile for the camera as they walk to their seats.

Henry's seat was in the middle of the stage where special people like his Grandmére, Grandpa Harold, Cyrus, Lily, and Nate and Serena said some speeches to Blair and Chuck's first born.

As they finish their speeches, Henry thanks them with a hug- as usual. Some blamed his tight hugs on Cyrus.

More people greet him but when 9 o'clock came, his head was buried in the crook of his father's neck, asleep.

"I'll take him upstairs." Chuck whispers into Blair's ear who was currently entertaining some guests from work.

"Hey, I'll come with you. I wanna kiss him goodnight." Blair takes Chuck's free hand and intertwines it with hers as they walked to the elevator.

Chuck went straight into his old room where he gently placed Henry on the bed. He blinks once or twice before rubbing his eyes to get a clearer view of his smiling parents.

"Goodnight, buddy. You had a good birthday, right?" Chuck plants a kiss on his forehead. Henry hums in response as Chuck steps aside to give Blair some space to kiss their son goodnight.

"I love you, Henry. Happy Birthday, sweetheart." She glides her finger in his cheek, making him much more sleepy.

"I love you too, Mommy and Daddy." He says before finally going to sleep. Chuck rests his palm on the back of Blair's waist.

The brunette turns to face him and drags him out of the room and into the balcony.

"Our son is four years old, Chuck. Can you believe that?" She asks as his arms are wrapped around her waist. Chuck slowly sways their bodies in a harmonized pace.

"You're an amazing mother, Blair." He says into her ear. She allows herself to close her eyes as his voice always calms her nerves. The day had been very stressful, going back and forth to the atelier and the Empire.

At the end of the day, all of her hardwork would be paid off, thanks to her husband and her son.

"Thank you. You're an amazing father, too."

He, too, has had a stressful day today as he managed to finish his work at the office with the paperwork he'd been assigned to look at from his business partners from all over the world.

"You must be tired." Chuck suddenly carries his wife bridal style. Blair squeals, and she prays she wasn't loud so that Henry is not disturbed from his slumber.

"Bedroom?" He smirks and all she could do was bury her face in his chest and wrap her arms around his neck.

Oh, how she loved her life with her husband and her son.
——————————————————-