Chapter 43

Even though the bleeding had stopped for a while, I was still feeling dizzy. I couldn't close my eyes for too long for fear of something bad happening, so I just sat there staring at the wall.

I heard the door creak slightly after what seemed like hours, and I hastily scooted back to the far corner, putting as much distance between myself and the person who had now entered the room.

I raised my head from my knees, hesitantly, to be greeted by the eyes I hadn't realised I'd missed, full of remorse and guilt. I went completely still as visions of the recent occurrence ran through my head.

He awoke with the moonlight shining on his raven locks and a sorrowful tone in his voice. The way his trembling hands rose above my head, and the single tear that fell as he swung the lampshade.

I wasn't angry, though, and I couldn't figure out why. I was tempted to tell him to piss off and leave me alone, but something kept me from doing so. Something told me I should give him a chance to speak.

"Hey Sapnap..."
A weak smile spread across his face as he walked over to the bars, passing the chair as he sat down on the floor opposite me.
"Hey little nugget"
I locked eyes with him as a smirk pulled at the corners of my lips.

"How've you been holding up?"
My smile instantly faltered at the thought of Dream's words.

"I've had better days. What about you Sap?"
"I'll be honest with you, I've been horrible. Everything's gone to shit since you've gone. Dream keeps on having temper tantrums like a two year old and me and George just feel really guilty"

"But you have nothing to feel guilty about, you didn't have a choice and I completely understand that"
Sapnap turned his back to me and leant against the cold bars.
"That doesn't make it acceptable though Y/N. I'm really really sorry. I didn't know he was going to lock you up. He just said it was him or you and..."
I shuffled over and sat against the bars, now back to back with my friend.

"Shhh, it's okay Sapnap, I forgive you, it's fine, there was nothing else you could've done"
"It's just Dream's not himself anymore. He's been getting distant ever since you left and I don't think he's the man I used to call my friend anymore. I think power's corrupting him Y/N"
I lightly sighed at his words as I leant my head back and looked at the ceiling.

"I don't think he understands Sap. I don't think he'll realise what he's doing until it's too late"
"No no, that's not what I mean. Before all this war shit, it was me, Clay, and George against the world, but now he won't even bat an eye in my direction"
I could hear the hurt in his voice. I wanted to hug him, let him cry in my arms, but I couldn't. I couldn't get out of my prison to comfort my best friend. All I could do was listen.

"I always knew that Clay and George were closer and I was okay with that, but he won't even talk to George at this point... he- he said he didn't care"
"I know..."
I heard shuffling behind me and turned to see Sapnap already looking at me.
"You know?"
I smiled slightly at him, trying to mask my sadness as I remembered the incident.

"I can't remember when it was exactly but I woke up earlier than usual and went downstairs to get breakfast. Before I even made it halfway down the stairs, I heard voices. Dream and Punz. I didn't hear much, he just went on about how I was nothing and stuff like that, then he said "I don't give a shit about her-"
"I don't give a shit about anyone. I never will"
My eyes locked with Sapnap's once again.