Mind blanks and dead ends

"Boss, I have a really bad feeling about Ziva and her father." McGee admitted.

"Yeah McGee. Me too." Gibbs said simply.

Gibbs and McGee were on the way to a hotel in Alexandria in Virginia. They wanted to get these people before they could get to Ziva. They also knew damn well that they probably won't find anything extremely useful given that they flew all the way to Nigeria two weeks ago

McGee had already fallen asleep and his mouth was wide open and had drool falling down the side of his mouth. Gibbs was driving on auto pilot yet he was still driving as clumsy as ever. They finally arrived.

"MCGEE!" Gibbs yelled to wake him up from his... well... sort of peaceful slumber.

"I'm awake boss." Gibbs could have sworn he heard a toot coming from his chair.

"McGee, we're here."

"Oh- Yeah- right." McGee stuttered.

They got out of the car and walked up to the reception.

"Welcome to the Alexandria Inn how can I help you." A sweet blonde woman greeted them.

"We're NCIS. I'm special agent Gibbs, McGee." Gibbs and McGee pulled out their credentials and Gibbs looked at McGee as he said his name.

"We'll need to see your hotel security tapes for the last two weeks." McGee chimed in.

"Of course. I'll go get them." She walked to the room behind the reception.

She came back with a memory stick in hand. She handed it to Gibbs.

"Here you go."

"Thank you ma'am." McGee said as Gibbs walked out to the car.

They got into the car and McGee pulled out his laptop. He plugged the memory stick in it. He saw the same two men that he saw on the airport security tapes. They walked back to the inn and spoke to the woman at the desk. They showed her the tape.

"Do you recognize these men?" Gibbs asked her.

"Yes. I fact I do. They came here around a week and a half ago. They stayed

here for almost two days."

"Their names?"

"Um, I think their names were Thomas smith and Wilson Tanner.

Gibbs and McGee looked at each other.

"Which room?"

"Uhhhhh." She had to think for a minute. She checked the logs.

"Room 495 level 9"

"Ok can we take a look at it?"

"Sure I'll just grab the key."

She went back to the room and came back with a key card.

"Here you go." She handed McGee the card

"Thank you ma'am." He thanked her again on behalf of Gibbs.

The took the elevator and got off at level nine. Gibbs put the card in the door handle and the went in. What they saw made their faces drop. The room had been vacuumed, cleaned, moped, dusted, and everything was neat. All the evidence that was there was gone. They took their chances and looked around. Still they found nothing.

Defeated, they left. On the way back Gibbs was driving again. He was debating weather he should tell Director Shepard about his hunch. He had a feeling that there was something between them two. When Ziva first came to NCIS, he thought Jenny would be the one defending Ziva but it looks like he was wrong.

They arrived back to the Navy Yard. Gibbs really didn't know what else to do. just because there were two people from Mossad who came to D.C two weeks ago. It wasn't quite enough evidence to say for sure this was Director David's doing. If he told the Director, he knew for sure that Jenny would say it might be a coincidence. he sat at his desk and thought long and hard.

He sat there and thought about it for a long long time. Then he had an idea.

TBC...