Chapter ten- Nate is no longer my brother

Chapter ten

------------------------------------------------------------

Zara's pov

Nate walked in after the guide. His expression blank.

He looked at me for a quick second before looking away. I felt a tear stroll down my face but as quickly as it got there it left.

I turned to face Mason and just looked away. I couldn't let the guide see me like this. Caring. They had to think we didn't a shit about what happens to our family members.

I made my expression indifferent as I turned back around. Well not before Mason gave me a weird look.

"Hello, Hello, Hello." The guide said his tone icy cold just as most of the employees here.

I just stared as everyone was quiet.

"This year we picked a few students to go into the town. Normally I would come alone with you but this year I have with me Nate. He ranked highest in the honour classes."

Honour classes? Why haven't I seem him before then?

The tall girl raised her hand.

"I'm in honour's too. Why didn't I get picked?" She asked confidently.

"Because he's special." He replied gazing over me.

What an arse.

He then continued talking about why we would be doing in the town. We would jut be over looking things and learning the land.

Finally it was time to go.

------------------------------------------------------------

We rode in this big black bus that smelled really old. I say next to Mason because they put us in alphabetical order. My whole name is Zara Anali Carson and Mason's whole name is Mason Alexander Caton. Stiles sat in back of us because his full name is Stiles Dayon. Chase sat in the seat to the left of us next to Ciara. Ciara's full name is Ciara Valentina Cerston and Chases's is Chase Matthew Caton.

My brother sat in front of me. I took all of my might not to speak to him, and try to see if he could maybe remember me now. But I knew it was a lost case.

When the ride was over we got out to explore the town.

The roads well they could hardly be called roads. They were more like dirt paths.

The same homes were made out if wood and some concrete. You could tell they didn't have much but they did try their best. Like I do.

I felt a tear prickling down my cheek. I looked up to make sure no one was looking. I saw Nate looking at me weirdly. I shot him a cold glare that made him turn around.

I wiped it off and continued walking like nothing had happened.

After a few minutes we had made it to the town square. Everyone gave us nasty looks but I just ignored them.

"What are we doing here?" Mason asked. He didn't like bullshit and just cut right through it.

"We are here for you guys to learn how to handle these....people."

I just glared at the ground. What an arse.

"How is that?" I asked in my fake icy tone.

"By learning what breaks them-"he began but then I cut him off, "and using it against them to control them."

"Precisely." He said with a smirk that made me shiver in disgust.

Well this was going to be a long, hard day.

--------------------------------------------------------

We all checked into the only hotel in the town.

I had to share a room with two other girls and was sad I wasn't with my friends.

"So what's your name?" The tall blonde asked me.

"Zara." I answered as I sat on my bed. The hotel wasn't fancy but it didn't stink either. The room had grey black wall, the bed sheets were light blue and at least it brought a bit of colour to the room. There was also a worktop to put our stuff in.

"Mines Ana." She replied.

I just nodded laying down.

"So what did you think of Nate?" She asked.

"What's there to think?" I answered back.

"He's hot don't you think?"

Eww, is it just me but think of my brother as hot kinda grossed me out but she didn't know he was my brother so I nodded my head.

"Too bad he's not gonna last." She replied.

I stood up and looked at her.

"What?" I asked containing my feelings. They were all mixed at the moment.

Suddenly she stood up and grabbed both my hands.

"What the fu-" I began exclaiming when a cloth was pressed onto my face making me dizzy.

I tried holding on but this was a battle I couldn't win.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'll write more promise! I've just been a bit busy with schoolwork. sorry for keeping you guy waiting :(

Btw what happened around the town isn't that important so I didn't put it in.