Part 3

Well to make things short, as I said in the last chapter's Authors notes, I have decided to create this fanfiction in segments of Naruto's life. Currently, I have completely planned out what I want to do for Naruto's Pre-Genin life and have begun working on the next segment after that. Since this current segment is already fleshed out, I am able to get chapters out faster, but they will not always be as consistent as they are right now so please keep that in mind.

PLEASE READ THIS SECTION

Beginning now, jutsu will begin being used in this fanfic. The first time I introduce a new jutsu, it's description will be found at the bottom of the chapter; however, I will only provide that for when a jutsu is first introduced to the fanfiction. When it is used in later chapters you will be expected to already know what the ability is and what it is capable of since I already described and established it in the past.

With that said, here is the third Chapter in The Forests New Heir, enjoy!

Chapter 3

~One year later~

"Mokuton: Moku no Goku Rendan (Wood Release: Wood Pole Combo)" shouted a seven-year-old Uzumaki Naruto, as he slapped his hands together in the snake seal and leapt from the top of the trees in training ground zero, one of 8 secret training grounds in Konoha for special members of the Leaf's forces. A spear of wood emerged from the bark of the tree he leapt from, which he grabbed in mid-air and launched at his opponent.

"Mokuton: Mokujoheki (Wood release: Wood locking wall)," his opponent countered, as wooden pillars sprouted in front of him, forming a defensive wall, which Naruto's spear impacted against, being successfully stopped.

The young Uzumaki was smart though, as while his opponent was casting his own jutsu, Naruto made a mad dash to get behind him, and began throwing shuriken hoping to catch his opponent off guard. However, to his surprise, his shuriken met their mark, entering his opponents back.

Naruto gasped, as he had expected the man to dodge somehow before Naruto finished him.

"Sensei," the blond exclaimed as he began to run towards his apparent instructor, before he felt cold steel be placed against his neck, causing the Uzumaki to pause in stride. Being careful not to let his neck be sliced, Naruto looked up, catching the eyes of his apparent sensei who was grinning down at him.

"But how did you..." Naruto trailed off, as he looked back to the place where he thought he struck his sensei with his shuriken. Instead what he found was a wooden figure with shuriken piercing it.

"Moku Bunshin no jutsu (Wood clone technique)," the man said, before withdrawing his kunai from his students neck. "That should have been an obvious possibility, Naruto."

"Ahhh whatever Tenzo-sensei, the score is 37 to 1, which means you still let a kid beat you before!" the child replied haughtily, causing the man, Tenzo, to gain a tic mark on his head.

'You definitely cheated that one time' Tenzo thought to himself, remembering the day the Uzumaki decided to test out his newly dubbed 'Sexy jutsu' on him. 'Oh how proud Jiraiya-sama would be seeing that image.'

Tenzo became the sensei to one Uzumaki Naruto last year, after discoveries were made of the boys' ability to use mokuton. The Sandaime, wanting to ensure the boy would be able to control his rare ability, assigned Tenzo to teach and look over him. The reason being that Tenzo was able to use mokuton himself, thanks to an illegal experiment involving injecting cells of the Shodaime into young children, conducted by Konoha's most infamous living nuke-nin, Orochimaru. Although his own use of the revered kekkei genkai is nothing like the original in terms of power or capabilities since his was artificially made, no one could be a better teacher to Naruto for this.