: strolling through the sky

It was bright and sunny outside. The fields produced a fresh color of green, and the clouds floated innocently in the sky. 

The town lay peacefully, a normal day like any other. 

Inside her house, (y/n) Dresser sat on a wooden stool, carefully sewing on subtle embellishments for a beautiful green dress she had created earlier. 

Her room was crowded with thousands of multicolored dresses, decoration materials, and numerous spools of thread. 

Her hands worked steadily and almost perfectly, making sure the design was beautiful and complete. 

A woman lightly knocked on her door.
"(Y/n), we just closed the shop. You've done enough work so why don't you come out with us this time?" She kindly suggested. 

(Y/n) turns around and gives a light smile. "No, I better finish this up, you go and have fun."

"Alright, suit yourself." The woman replies.
The woman turns back around and continues to walk out with the rest of the girls.

"Look it's Howl's castle!"

The girls stop and rush towards the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of the rumored castle walking through the fields. 

(Y/n) gazes through her own window, barely catching a look at the castle fade away into the thick fog as planes fly past. 

"He's gone..."

(Y/n) proceeds to look back at her work on the dress. 

"No, he's just hiding in the fog from those planes."

(Y/n) then knots the thread on the design. 

"Did you hear what happened to that girl Martha from Southhaven? They say Howl tore her heart out."

She snips the thread and pierces her pincushion with the needle, admiring her work.
"Now I'm too scared to go out!"

"What?"

"Don't worry, he only preys on pretty girls."

They all laugh and giggle as they stroll towards the front door, gossiping among themselves.

The door bell chimes and all in the shop stays silent and still. (Y/n) enjoys the silence and continues working on another dress design, the train outside rumbling as she works.

(Y/n) stops working for a moment, gazing out the window and setting her needle again into the pincushion. A sigh escapes from her lips before she hops out of her stool, brushing herself off in the process. 

(Y/n) blankly stares at the room. She then walks towards her cabinet, pulling out one of her favorite purple dresses. She smiles at it contently and changes into it, her mood lifting and putting a smile on her face. 

Planes buzz by as (y/n) feels the cool air on her face. She slowly shuts the door and walks through a lonely hallway, leading to the main quarters of her family's dress shop. 

(Y/n) pauses by an intricately designed mirror. Her reflection to her looked disappointing and plain. She twirled in front of the mirror and attempted a smile, but nonetheless she frowned afterwards and sighed. 

The bell door rung as (y/n) stepped outside. The sound of planes and people rung through the air. 

She started her journey to her sisters' workplace, running through the crowded street and onto an even more crowded bus. 

She got on just before the bell rang, and held onto the railing provided on the edge. (Y/n) watched people bustle through the sidewalks, chatting and playing with each other.