: cleaning time

The door wheel switches to black and the windows turn dark and grey. The door creaks open, revealing Howl with his head hanged down. 

He shuts the door closed and the windows turn bright and sunny.

"Master Howl, the King's messengers were here. They said you have to report to the palace, as both Pendragon and Jenkins." Markyl exclaims as Howl trudges up the stairs.

(Y/n) glances at Howl. He walks over to her slowly, (y/n) turning back to the skillet and acting like she was never looking at him at all. 

She felt slightly insecure about her monstrous appearance, but nonetheless pushed the thought aside.

His golden hair stayed draped over his eyes as he spoke to Calcifer.

"Calcifer, you're being so obedient." His voice calmed and impressed.

"Not on purpose! She bullied me!" Calcifer whines.

Howl gazes at Calcifer. "Not just anybody can do that."

He then averts his ocean eyes to (y/n), who was focusing on cooking with a concentrated face. "And who are you?" He asks.

(Y/n) nervously pops from her concentration and turns her head to Howl.

"Oh- uhh... you can just call me (y/n). I'm your new cleaning girl, I just started work today." (Y/n) explains with a smile, thinking back to all the filthy tables and dishes.

Howl then looks at Calcifer. "Give that to me."

He gently takes (y/n)'s place by the stove, pressing his side softly to hers and stirring her out of the way. 

His ringed hand kindly collapses onto her slightly green one, wrapping it around both her hand and the wooden spoon.

Fascinated for a moment, Howls rubs his fingertips along (y/n)'s sharp nails with a tiny sparkle in his eye. 

(Y/n) sputters and flushes, quickly letting go of the spoon out of panic. Howl easy grips the spoon and stirs the bacon around. 

"Hand me two more slices of that bacon and six more of those eggs." Howl requests whilst stirring.

Howl gestures the sizzling pan towards her. She sputters once more and drapes two slices of bacon onto the pan. 

The pan goes back to Calcifer and Howl holds out his hand, which then gets handed a single egg.

Howl cracks it on the side of the stone stove, and lets the contents drip onto the skillet. He tosses the eggshells to Calcifer, who eagerly munches on them. 

Again, (y/n) hands Howl another egg, the mouthwatering smell of bacon soon wafting into the air.

Calcifer hums at the taste of delicious eggshells as the eggs heat up and start cooking over.

"So then, who hired a girl like yourself to clean?" Howl asks, keeping his eyes on the pan.

She hands him another egg.

"Oh yeah, Calcifer did. He's disgusted by how filthy it is in here." (Y/n) declares with a slight bit off sass in her voice.

Howl hums in response. 

"Markyl! Get the plates!" He shouts with now a tiny smile on his face.

Howl pulls the pan away from Calcifer and walks towards the table, leaving (y/n) with the fiery demon.

"Wait a second, you're all gonna eat? While I do all the work?!" Calcifer complains whilst swerving his fiery limbs around.

"Come have some breakfast with us (y/n)." Markyl invites while she unconsciously meddles with her hands.