𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

𝓓𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓵𝓪𝓱'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

𝓓𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓵𝓪𝓱'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

The class was sitting in dead silence as we all wrote math problems on our slates. I was sitting in the isle seat, and could see Ruby looking over at my answers from the spot next to me. I flinched when I felt a piece of paper hit my arm, and lifted my eyes to see Gilbert staring at me.

"Stop!" I mouthed at him before looking back down. A moment passed before his pencil hit my arm and I saw him walking towards me. "Hey." He said kneeling down next to my row. I completely ignored him and continued on with my work.

He sighed before moving to grab his pencil that was next to Anne's desk. "Carrots." Gilbert whispered before pulling on her braid. I lifted my eyes when Anne stood from her seat smashing her slate on Gilberts face. The whole room was shocked and giggles erupted.

Anne was called to the front of the room as Mr. Phillips wrote some horrible things about her on the board. I looked at Gilbert with disgust. I was quite angry that he would do such a thing, and allow Anne to be humiliated in front of the whole class.

He met my gaze and looked down with guilt before standing saying, "It was my fault Mr. Phillips, I-I uh teased her." But it was no hope, and we were all told to continue on with our work. I refused to look at Gilbert, and only looked up when I saw Anne running out of the classroom.

~

The end of the school day finally approached and as I was walking out the door a boy walked up to me grabbing my arm rather forcefully. "Hey, uh you're Delilah right? I'm Billy Andrews, but a girl as cute as you can call me anything you want." I looked down at his grasp on my arm muttering, "Um nice to meet you Billy." in a monotone voice. 

"We should get to know each other, I have heard about your family already. I can walk you home." He said as I shook my head, "Sorry, but I really should be getting home now. Alone." His grasp on my arm tightened making me wince.

"Come on why not, it's not a big deal." He said in a snarky tone. "Is everything alright over here?" I saw Gilbert walking towards us, he must have seen my nervous expression. Billy let go of my arm, "Yeah, everything is good Bud, I'll see you later Delilah." he said before walking off.

"Qu'est-ce qu'un skank absolue." I muttered under my breath. Gilbert laughed, "I have no idea what you just said, but I don't think I want to know." I giggled rubbing my arm. "Are you alright?" He asked sounding concerned.

"Yeah I'm okay. What about your face, I mean Anne hit you pretty hard." I jokingly said motioning to his cheek. He blushed looking down, "Very funny... Hey do you want to walk home with me? We do live pretty close after all."

I pondered his question for a moment before nodding, "I would love to."

I have been at school for about a week now and everything seems to be going well. I am especially close with Diana and Prissy, unfortunately Anne hasn't been back since her incident with Gilbert.