Chapter Three

Oliver's POV

I wake up exhausted. I couldn't sleep all night after being asked out by Kaleb. I let out a loud sigh, one that filled the silent room and made Prince give me a concerned look.

"You're supposed to be helping me pack, but I feel like we're losing focus." They glance down at the boxes in front of me. "You can't be that sad that I am leaving. What's going on?" They come over to me and sit down next to me on the bed.

"I don't know if I should tell you..." Prince gawks at the mere mention that I would have to keep anything from them.

"Wha- You don't want to tell me what? Are you okay?" I let out a big sigh once more and turned to them.

"I met my fourth mate." I laid it out straight and shut my eyes tight. I sit there, still waiting for a reaction. I cover my eyes with my hands and shut them tight. When they don't say anything, I open my left eye and look through my fingers.

They are sitting there, shocked. I'm sure they are scared and worried that I might be close to death.

"And?" They don't know whether to be happy or sad. They lean in, their face struck with worry.

"I am going on a date with him today." I giggle in a panicked manner, not knowing whether to be happy about this myself.

"Huh...WHAT?!" They start pacing the room, rambling. "A date?! Today! What time? We need to get you an outfit! Oliver Stone, why did you not tell me?"

"Well, the truth is...I'm scared, but not to get hurt, but to actually enjoy my time with him." I look down and play with my fingers. "He seems so nice, Prince, not like the past ones."

Prince gives me a long stare. "If you want to do it, do it; if not, then don't. I am always here for your decision." I smile at them and take a deep breath.

"I guess it never hurts to try."

"Ahhhhh, yay, your first date in what? Two years?" They start rummaging through their clothing.

"Longer, I never went on dates with...him." We both paused, thinking back to before the wheelchair.

"That's true; we need to make this perfect." They hold up a crop top with booty shorts.

"Maybe we should look in my closet?"

---

3:00 reads on the clock. He should be here any minute. I (hesitantly) gave him my number yesterday before we left class. I told him about living at 'Yellowstone' and he said he'd be there by 3:00. I have no idea what he has planned, but he wanted it to be a surprise.

My parents were very protective of me and barely allowed me to leave 'Yellowstone.' I know I shouldn't let them overtake my life. I am an adult, but I feel bad for the financial burden I have become since my third rejection.

Judy comes into my room. "Mr.Stone, the orange-haired boy is here. You might want to save him from Prince."

I come out of my room and roll toward him. I feel oddly embarrassed since all of the doctors and nurses are staring at me.

He is sitting in one of the chairs, talking to some of the other patients. He looks quite good. He is wearing a sheer black long-sleeve shirt. It showed his tattoo on his chest, which looked like a garden with a waterfall. His pants were slim-fitting light brown trousers that led to his black sleek shoes.

His eyes meet mine, and he smiles wide. I don't think anyone has ever smiled at me like that before. With such delight and...love?

He gets up and walks over to me. He takes my hand and kisses it. He distracts me as I blush at him. He is about to flip my hand around to my wrist, but I catch him.