1.1 First Impressions

A/N: For this story, Hawk's hair was always red. Ok, thank you. Enjoy!

*alarm goes off*

I groan and roll over, slamming my hand on the alarm clock. It stops blaring and I lift my hand to see the time. 7:50.Shit!

I roll out of bed and run to the bathroom, grabbing a pair of jeans on the way. I had one leg in by the time I got the toothbrush in my mouth. I hop down the hall, back to my room. I button up my jeans and continue to brush as I look around for a top.

I grab one and throw it on the bed along with a pair of socks before running back to the bathroom. I spit, rinse, and run back into my room. 

I throw the shirt and socks and plop on my bed as I pull my converse on.

 I roll back and grab my bag off the desk chair. I tuck my phone into my back pocket and rush downstairs. I grab a pop tart from the cabinet and rush out the door.

I jump into my jeep and I'm off to school, which I'm already late for.

*

The final bell rings just as I run through the front door. 

I look down at my schedule and frantically look around. I had no idea where A115 was. I spot a boy walking and rush up to him. He jumps when I tap his shoulder. "Sorry, could you tell me where A115 is?" I ask and he freezes up. "Hello?" 

He snaps out of it. "Y-yeah, um-... I'm headed there now." He stutters and I breathe in relief. We walk together and show up late. 

"Why are you two late?" The teacher asks, pulling her glasses down and looking over them. "Sorry I-" I begin but the boy cuts me off. "It was my fault miss. It won't happen again." I look at him and smile as a thank you. "It better not Mr. Diaz." She says. "Take a seat."

We do as told and take our seats at the empty table in the back. "Thank you." I say and he shrugs. "It's no problem. I know what it's like being the new kid."

"No talking." The teacher says and we look down, holding back our smiles.

"Riley." I whisper and hold my hand under the table. "Miguel." He whispers back and shakes my hand. "Who's talking?" The teacher scolds and we retract our hands. We stayed silent for the rest of class not wanting to get in trouble.

*

The bell rings and I start to gather my books. "Hey, so do you need someone to sit with at lunch?" Miguel asks. "Yeah, do you know anyone that's offering?" I ask smiling.

"Well, I don't know. If you wanna sit at my table you've gotta be a real VIP if you know what I mean." He jokes and I scoff. "I'm the new girl. You can't get more VIP than that." I dramatically flip my hair and walk off.

I walk out the door and Miguel runs up next to me. "So where are you going next?" He asks and I pull out my schedule. "Um-...B104?" I read and look up at Miguel.