30: getting back

In the huge gym, where it could fit like four teams in a same timeㅡtwo teams per game; Ayumu could take that chances to steal glances towards other teams time to time during her team was practicing. It was a rare opportunity to witness powerhouse schools play right in your face anyway. Ayumu would internally fangirling over Itachiyama's ace whenever she saw him scoring his game. But, she could not show muchㅡthe emotion though. She didn't feel like to show out.

     As Ayumu was picking up the ball after her team done practicing, there were two teams still had their game on going. And there, was a ball suddenly flew towards Ayumu. Unlike drama where there would probably hitting the head of her dramatically, Ayumu instantly be on her right position and received the ballㅡ as the ball bouncing back to where it came. Most of the members in the gym had their eyes widened and lips agape. It was so fast, how Ayumu reacted on the sudden ball came towards her.

     "I'm picking up the ball here. Be careful next time." She announced and continued to pick up the ball and went back to her team as if what just happened just now was nothing to her. It was good that Ayumu quickly reacted on that, if not that would be a big trouble of Ayumu got hit on her head.

     "Inarizaki's manager is not bad huh?"

     From where Kita stood, he heard someone said. He didn't bother to turn around anyway. So, he just stayed at his place, looking at Ayumu as he let his ears opened.

     "She looks familiar somehow. But I cannot recall where did I saw her."
     "I think, she was the one who people called queen of court back in Kitagawa Junior High."
     "Really? No wonder she can receive the ball that smooth. She from Kitagawa anyway."
     "Right. Particularly, she was a player and now she a manager tho."

     Kita in the 'i am still listening' mode. He picked up his bottle and took some gulp of his water.

     "Did you guys know, she is Miya too?"
     "By Miya, you mean the sister of the Miya twins?"
     "Exactly."
     "Oh my god. Three siblings in a same team. Isn't that amazing?!"

     That's it, Kita listened enough. As he put down his water bottle, he called for Ayumu who purposely ignored him until Kita called her a little louder this time. Good thing, the noises in the gym would not make Kita looked angry with his risen voice or sort. Ayumu really not in mood to face him. Said, when did she had mood anyway. If the coach wasn't here, Ayumu probably let Kita hanging. But, the coaches were here, by the bench; few feets away from where the teams scattered.

      Ayumu didn't start the conversation first as she just gave him a lazy look. Kita was the one who started to speak.

     "Just stay right here. Don't go anyway. Stay at the bench with sensei." Kita commanded. Ayumu scowled at him. For first time after a week or plus, Ayumu finally talked to him. " I am not yer lap dog who ya can control me anytime ya want. I can do anything. So, don't command me. Just because ya are the captain."

     With that, she left him. From afar where Coach Kurosu had words with Omimi and Aran, the three somehow could feel the tenstion between Kita and Ayumu.

     "Did something happen?" Coach Kurosu asked, concern. It took a little time to Aran and Omimi answered that. They glanced at each other first before Aran took the leas to answer the coach's question; "We are not sure too."

___

     It was the forth day of the camp already. Yet Ayumu and Kita still didn't make any progress with each other. As if the table had turn, Kita was the one who tried to talk with Ayumu while the girl obviously showed she wasn't interested at all.