Chapter 12. Close, but no Cigar!!

New chapter already? Be happy, it is short though! So be prepared, haha!

Kershlee's P.O.V.

As I walked out of school for another tiring day, Shane walked beside me. The others were back in front of the school talking, but I just wanted to get home and sleep. Today we had to do so much and I was exhausted. I spent most of my day on Sunday talking to Super Luv! Even though I got right to the point with him and felt like a half an hour, I practically was there to sundown.

Anyway me and Shane were walking on the sidewalk to our houses.

"Anything interesting happen over the weekend?"

"Umm.. well not really! Except my dad cooked some breakfast, that was surprsing!".

"What'd he cook?" he asked.

"Toast!" I chuckled.

My day however was more interesting then that ...

~Flashback~

"So...let's get done to business of why you're here..." I said to him.

He shrugged his shoulders and said "Alright, tell me! Tell me this 'bone you have to pick'!!".

"Why do you keep saving me?".

His right eyebrow lifted.

"Well for one thing *Points to symbol on shirt* I'm a super hero! It's practically my job, it's what I do! It's not my fault that you keep getting in danger, I saved you.." he thought for moment "...three times already!".

"HA! So it was you that saved me that night I got jumped!".

He rolled his eyes. "Yes, who'd you think it was? The pink power ranger?"

"Well, you're both very similar!" I smiled.

"Haha, so funny!" he said sarcastically.

"Anyway, how do you always know that trouble is about happen?"

"News at 5!"

"Where did you get these powers?"

"Woke up one day, and I had super abilities!"

"Why is your outfit pink?"

"Maybe I like the color pink.."

I raised my eyebrow "Red sock mixed with white shirt?"

He nodded sheepishly which made me laugh.

I asked more pointless questions. Like why he speaks so emotionless and why he wears eyeliner. I forgot the most important question though.

How he knew my name!

Before I could remember to ask him though it was getting late and I needed to get home.

"Surprisingly I think we should do this again.." I muttered

He smirked, "You mean like a date?".

"I wouldn't go that far! I mean hang out, but I don't know how to contact you or anything."

"Well, I guess I'll visit here sometimes then!"

I slightly smiled still sitting down, he got up and started to leave.

"Wait!"

He stopped walking and turned his head slightly to the side.

I thought for a moment "Anything I can call you besides Super Luv? Kinda is alot to say, if you know what I mean.."

He was quiet for a moment then a smirk spread across his face.

"Switch...call me Switch!"

~Back to Reality~

"What about you? Anything interesting for you?".

Shane smiled, "Well my mom set up new table coverings, since I spilled stuff on the last one!"

"What'd you spill?".

"Diet soda!" he exclaimed.

"Eww, you drink that? I prefer regular soda!" I said sticking out my tongue a little.

"But there's so many calories in it though!".

I started to near my house I was on the next block, I just needed to cross a street. Shane stopped walking at the corner and I started to cross. I turned around and started walking backwards, still talking to Shane.

"One of these days, I'll get you to drink it purposely. You can count on that!" I said smiling.

Shane's eyes were normal for a moment, then they widened.

"Kershlee, watch out!" he yelled.

I turned my head slightly to see a car coming towards me, without thinking I closed my eyes. Instead of being pushed to the right however (Cause the car was coming from my left), I was pushed forward. I grew confused and opened my eyes.

Shane was over me.

I blushed light red.

"Are you ok?" he said softly.

I laughed a little.

"Well you pushed me down on the hard pavement for one thing!"

He laughed as well.

"But, I did land on my school bag! So I'm good, you?" I asked chuckling.

"I'm pretty well, actually!" he smiled.

"Wow I feel incredibly stupid right now!"

We were quiet for a moment, but we ended up laughing.

My stomach felt like it was making flips and my heart was beating like crazy though.

But I didn't mind it at all.

I was smiling a lot too, so was Shane.

"You know, not to sound like a creep or anything, but you have a great smile when you show teeth!".

He looked down and blushed, he sighed then looked back at me.

"Why thank you!" he said chuckling.

We kept lieing there, not getting up and soon Shane's face went soft. So did mine!

He slowly leaned in and closed his eyes as he did.

I bit my lip and did the same.

We both heard footsteps coming though and we opened our eyes. All we saw was feet in front of us! When we went to look up, a flash buzzed our eyes.

The person ran away then.

I laughed nervously (Still kinda blushing), "Well that was an experience!".

"Yeah, haha!" he said getting up slowly.

I got up as well.

"Well thanks for.." I chuckled "..saving my life!"

"No problem!" he said smiling.

Without thinking, I hugged him. I guess he took it by surprise, but he hugged back. I soon stopped hugging him awkwardly and walked back to my house. Contemplating my thoughts..

OoOoO this is getting interesting!! Right? Sorry for another short chapter, I just wanted to put in something between Kershlee and Shane! I hope you guys enjoyed it! Love yous! <3 TALLY HO MOFOs!! :)