🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬

Fitz POV

I felt sick in the stomach.  It had to be some dream.  One of those crazy and annoying dreams that start out as a dream but then fade into a nightmare.  Was I even awake?  Had any of this really happened?

I quietly pinched myself in the arm.  It hurt.  Unfortunately, this wasn't a dream.  It was reality.

A lot of people say that dreams are worse than reality, but I disagree.  You see, dreams are made in our minds.  They're imagination.  They're constructed through our memories and our ideas.  Yet sometimes, they can be terrifying.  But the thing lot's of people forget about is the fact that reality is real.  It's not imagination.  Any day could be your last.  With dreams, if you die, you just... wake up.

The point is this.  My reality is falling apart and I need to help save it.  I tried taking deep breaths.  You have friends in Eternalia.  I tried thinking positive thoughts.  The Councillors are in Eternalia.  I tried thinking about Sophie.  What if she loses her mind to this?

That voice in my head kept coming.  I couldn't stop it.  All I wanted to do was run away and cry.  I wonder how cowardly I seem right now.  I stayed there, just so you know.

Sophie was crying silent tears.  I wrapped my arm around her and Grady gave me a look that said WE'LL TALK LATER.  I gave him a look back that said OF COURSE.  Deep down, I was absolutely terrified.

"Are we absolutely sure that we can't help at all?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly.

Dad shook his head.  "Unfortunately not."

I nodded, thankful that I had all my friends here with me.  Wait... I had all my friends here with me...