#1 Please Find Attached

"Be careful, you are not in wonderland.
I've heard the strange madness long growing in your soul.
But you're fortunate in your ignorance, in your isolation.
You who have suffered, find where love hides.
Give, share, lose – lest we die, unbloomed.."

— "You Are Not in Wonderland, But You Will Be" // Allen Ginsberg

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

"Mr. Vishambhar Maheshwari is waiting outside, he wants to meet you Sir."

"Maheshwari & Co.?"

As Abir looks at his secretary Kunal Kapadia to confirm if his guess is right. Kunal nods in a yes and in no time Abir is fuming with anger and hatred. You can forgive and forget anything in this world, except the one who causes harm to your parents. And for Abir, Mehul is not just his father but the pillar of his whole world who was shattered by Vishambhar Maheshwari. Abir Rajvansh doesn't hold any grudges against Maheshwaris for his humiliation but he will never forget how much his Baba was hurt because of that vile man.

"What does that man need after all these years?" Abir's voice is harsh as his eyes burn with fury.

"Sir, I understand what you're thinking right now. But I think you should see him once, trust me, probably he actually is in some major problem." Kunal very well knows how Abir can react in a situation like this. Although he is just a secretary to him, Abir has always considered him as his younger brother and this is one of those moments when Kunal actually needs to become the brother to Abir.

"Sir, please listen to him once. Even Mehul sir would have done the same."

Kunal knows this is enough to calm Abir. Giving Abir an assuring smile he walks out to take Mr. Maheshwari. Abir slowly takes out a picture of him and Baba; taking a deep breath he tries to calm his mind.

"May I come in, Mr. Rajvansh?"

"Come in. Have a seat." Abir says mindlessly. His gaze fixed outside.

"Thank you, Mr. Rajvansh. I'm glad you allowed me to have a word with you."

"My father has taught me to respect everyone and listen to whatever they have to say. I'm just following his footsteps. Now may I kindly know your purpose of arrival?"

Finally Abir turns to Vishambhar and all his thoughts disappear. Staring at the man looking back at him with tired eyes, Abir steadies himself for what feels like a news of destruction. No, this is not what he expected. And this is certainly not a fight now. Vishmabhar Maheshwari needs the empathetic Abir, not the son of an enemy. Never in his nightmares could he imagine seeing the always-so-proud-never-bows-down-his-head Vishambhar Maheshwari in such a pathetic condition. The pride on his face is gone, gone is the attitude Vishambhar is known for. All Abir can see is a person carrying himself in a wheelchair, probably a helpless man who seemingly has lost everything he can be proud of.

Abir Rajvansh is not selfish to fight with someone who is too powerless to even look at him. And Abir has to admit he admired Vishambhar at some time as an experienced and powerful man.

"I seek your help, Mr. Rajvansh."

"It's Abir for you, Mr. Maheshwari."

"And I'm your Vishambhar uncle, Abir beta."

Abir looks straight at him, trying to comprehend the situation. Will he ever be able to forget the pain his Baba went through because of this man sitting here? No, never. But then is there any point of holding any anger towards someone who sounds like the most powerless man? Again, no. Yet this is Vishambhar Maheshwari in front of him and his mind would never allow him to feel pity for this man. But Abir is not cruel.