Chapter 9

"Mae," the white haired male started, "in order to have a talk, the other person needs to talk."

The raven haired young woman simply nodded, folding her legs up to her chest, a look of guilt on her face, she was looking at the floor.

She's been like this ever since we ran out of her school. After she yelled at me she just... stopped talking. What the fuck kind of silent treatment is this? He thought to himself.

"You're..." she started whispering.

Oh. Lloyd raised an eyebrow.

"You're probably furious with me... right? For lying about my age...? When I said I was eighteen instead of seventeen... I lied to you. I'm a high school student. And then you thought I turned nineteen instead of eighteen..." The girl said, still not looking him in the eye.

"Oh, yeah. I'm pissed about that." The green eyed male yelled, angered.

"...I'm sorry..." The pale girl said.

"'I'm sorry' isn't going to cut it! Do you know how much shit I'm going to get in trouble for!" He yelled.

"Aren't you already in trouble for-" she got cut off.

"I don't want to be in trouble for being a pervert! That's the issue! You're in high school! Why weren't you just honest with me in the first place?" The male asked.

"I don't know...! Okay...! I don't know...!" She said.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'?" He questioned.

"It just came out! I just said I was eighteen... then you just went with it... so I did too." Mae replied.

"Because I assumed we'd never meet again." Lloyd explained. "...Oh my god. Wait. You kissed me, I just remembered, we kissed. What the fuck, we kissed!"

Mae's face went red from embarrassment, she forgot about that too. "I-I'm eighteen...! An adult...! I don't see what the problem is...! And it's not like we've done anything illegal. Kissing isn't bad... I-I don't think...?"

"And how do I not know you're not lying to me again?!-" The white haired male got cut off.

"Here's my ID!" The dark blue eyed young woman yelled, taking her ID card out of her purse, standing up and shoving it in the young male's face. He took it out of her hands and into his to read it:

Name: Maebelle Cynthia Evans
DOB: 10/03/XXXX
District: Rich
Address: XXX
Height: 5'6 Weight: 115 LB Sex: F

It checked out, she wasn't lying to him again. She's eighteen, and she was eighteen when she kissed him...

But still, he felt like shit... he doesn't even know his own age. Mae just said he was twenty three based on the cupcake he picked out of the carrier, and that was that.

"...I think..." the girl mumbled.

"You think what?" The male asked.

"It was because I found you attractive... that I just... lied." The dark haired young woman answered. Wait. Please don't tell me I said that out loud.

What. What did she just say? "Maebelle Evans, let's get one thing straight." The whisper white haired male said, a stern look in his green eyes. "I'm not-" the male got cut off.

"When I first saw you, you had nice eyes, and a nice form... yes, your white hair was a bit messy, but still, you're attractive." She explains quickly, which caused him to pause.

Then, the whisper white haired male laughed a bit. Nice eyes? "Even if my eyes flickered?"

"Yes... they are a pretty light green..." Mae explained. "But still... I don't know why... I lied to you... I guess I just wanted to feel more like an adult to you...? If that makes sense?" Oh... this is definitely the worst Valentine's Day of my life...