JiYoo: Dear Cherry cafe pt.3

The next few weeks, it was kind of hard for Yoohyeon and Minji to go out so Minji adjusted the schedule so that they could have some time while working which was honestly the smartest thing Minji has done. While working, the two would occasionally flirt with each other. But they never really progressed. You could say that jealousy pushes one to their limit and do things they never thought they had the courage to do. So one day during Yoohyeon's shift, a customer had started flirting with Minji and Minji laughed at her jokes. Yoohyeon was already boiling inside but she had to remind herself that Minji wasn't hers, yet. So she watched from the counter, her hands were balling into fist and the cloth in her right hand had wrinkles from the tight hold around it.

He isn't even that good looking, I thought Minji was into girls ??? What the hell Minji. What happened to that second date ? You're on thin ice stupid...

Yoohyeon threw the cloth into the sink before she started washing the dishes and putting them into the dishwasher. After that she used dry clothes to dry the dishes before stacking them and putting them back into the shelf. She thought after she had finished doing what she needed to do, the guy would have left Minji alone. But girl, was she so wrong. She saw Minji exchanging numbers with the dude. She couldn't take it anymore, she was so tempted to just pull Minji away from the dude but... she knew her place, she had no rights. So she stayed at the counter. It was written all over her face that the latter was upset. A customer had come in to order two vanilla lattes for take away and Yoohyeon tried her best to smile and serve the customer to the best of her ability. But while frothing the milk, the bottom of the pitcher became to hot and she dropped the pitcher. Nothing broke but she was definitely going to get into trouble. She quickly pick up the pitcher, put it into the sink and took a new pitcher out to attempt and to froth the milk again. Forgetting that the steamer was hot, she touched it again. Truly Yoohyeon was careless which led to her burning herself for the second time. The customer was genuinely worried for the clumsy part timer so she looked for someone wearing an apron in the store and told her what had happened. When Minji had heard about it, she rushed to Yoohyeon's side. Yoohyeon was in a lot of pain.

" Are you okay ? Go wash your hand under running water with cold water, I will settle this first and tend to you later. Just wait for me in the staff room. "

" But- "

" No buts, now go. "

Yoohyeon nodded her head and obediently did as what the owner said. When Minji had served the customer, she closed the counter for the time being and rushed to Yoohyeon's aid.

" Why didn't you call me Yooh ? "

" You were busy and I could have managed. "

" Clearly not. You burned yourself twice. "

" Okay okay...what do you want me to say ? "

" I....just sit here. "

Minji walked to a cabinet and found the first aid kit. She didn't know why the younger one was so worked up when all she did was show her care and concern while she was just acting like a kid. She took out some cream and applied on Yoohyeon's wounds and her flinches didn't go unnoticed.

" I know it hurts but I need you to hold still for a while. "

" I'm trying... "

" What's wrong with you ? Why are you acting like this ? "

" Are you seriously asking this ? Your ignorant ass can't figure that out ? "

" What- "

" You obviously know I have feelings for you but there you are flirting with a guy, right in front of my face. I thought you wanted to go out with me, I thought you felt something for me, but clearly, after today, you don't. So please, don't play with me, go to that guy. I'm just here to do my job. So if you have nothing left to say to me, I'm going to tend to other customers. "