Dreams & Fear

Hello, loves. So, this is the first chapter to my first book. I hope you all enjoy. Happy reading.

---------------------------------------------

JOSIE

Dreams.

What are dreams? Your dream is your reality. So, you get to choose.

What does your dream look like? Who's in it? Who are you in that dream? There's no need to be picky in it, because your dream is yours. It can be whatever you want it to be. 

There's going to be times where you absolutely hate your sleep, because even though you can most definitely dream your dream every night that you lay your head upon your pillow, you always have to remember that it's not going to be your reality when you wake up.

Is your dream having that one person next to you that you so desperately need, because they aren't by your side when you wake up in the morning?

Is your dream having everyone around you know who you are the moment that they lay their eyes on you, because you're so invisible to every human when you're awake?

Is your dream being the best person you can be and being who you want to be without any negativity constantly following you, because you are judged by so many others when you aren't sleeping?

Is your dream having someone to love you the way that you deserve and want to be loved, because the one that you're with treats you like you weren't meant to be born or belong?

Is your dream having a mother that calls you every day, even if she's busy, because you feel like you have had to survive on your own since the day you took your first breath?

Is your dream to have a father calling you his "baby girl" and crying when you get married, because the one that you thought you had left you and your mother behind for a younger woman years ago?

Is your dream to be important?

Is your dream to be worthy of others?

Is your dream to have the ability to trust?

Is your dream to feel needed? To feel wanted? To feel loved?

If this isn't your dream, I can tell you that it sure is mine. I would love to wake up in the morning to the birds chirping outside my window. To wake up with the one that I love dearly, holding me in his arms and telling me to stay a little longer. To wake up knowing that I'm going to have a good day without any worries. To wake up knowing that I am wanted. Knowing that I am needed. And knowing that I am loved.

We all wish to live in our dreams, but we all know that we can't. The good thing about dreams, is that we can live it in our own way and how we want to live it. But the bad thing about dreams is that we wake up from it and come to realise that it is not real after all...

...and sometimes, your best dreams can turn into your worst nightmares.

----------------------------------------------

I stumble into the house trying to see what is going on around me, but the foggy sight I have doesn't seem to cooperate. Everyday I grow tired even more and more. Tired of walking through the door of my house crying so hard that I can't even think inside my head.