Part 31

Dear diary,
I lost the merge. "Can someone please hand me a piece of the I mirror" I shouted placing my hand out in front of me. Klaus kneeled down picking up a shard of the mirror handing it to me. "Don't cut yourself" Elijah scolded me. I rolled my eyes at him, I wasn't going to cut myself with the glass. But as the shard moved across my fingertips the pressure pierced my skin. I had cut myself. My palm began to bleed. I watched as it didn't heal. A few seconds pasted and it didn't heal. If I didn't merge I was going to die, I needed to complete it. Elijah sighed as he stood up from the ground. He walked over to the sink retrieving the hand towel, bringing it back to me. I looked at Klaus wide eyed. He slid his body next to me. I buried my face into his chest. He stroked my hair calming me down. Elijah and Klaus exchanged looks. Klaus shook his hand. We all knew if I didn't except the merge I would die, but excepting the merge meant losing myself. I would be giving my mind and body to my sister. Elijah sat back down beside me he began wrapping my cut hand in the towel. My dark red blood bleeding though the white towel. Discolouring it. I lifted from my face from Klaus chest looking into the mirror I had in my hand. Half my face was me, baby blue eyes dirty blonde... sweet and innocent. The other half was her... my sister. Dark storm eyes and ravens black hair, veins crawling up her cheeks. I quickly closed my eyes. "Grace no" Klaus yelled but it was too late I was accepting the merge. My brain was on fire as her memories clouded my mind. Elijah grabbed hold of my arm. Then my pain lifted. I opened my eyes turning to Elijah. He was in agony. His face grew red as the pain overwhelmed him. My body was transferring my pain to him. "Elijah stop" I yelled at him. He didn't move. I quickly grabbed his hand prying it off of me. I dropped it in his lap. He let out a gasp and his body began to heal. "I have to do this" I sternly said to him. "You'll lose me either way" I sniffled. Tears pooled in my eyes as I let her back in. I could feel the darkness the power. I say that my cut was healing. Slowly new skin was grow replacing the old. A hot tear ran down my face as the dark veins began to form on my cheeks. I turned my head to Klaus. "We will meet again, I swear" I sadly said. He didn't say anything. But we exchanged weak smiles for the last time.