chapter 8

Santana stood there with wide eyes and an open jaw. There's no way she could have heard right. Quinn couldn't possibly be moving in. Not without Santana's permission.

But as the words left that gorgeous mouth, Santana inhaled sharply. She felt her heart break in her chest because for the first time in 4 years, her father made a decision without consulting his daughter. He used to always ask Santana for advice, or tell her everything he was thinking. He used to be so open with her, but now that Quinn is in the picture, he forgot to include his daughter.

Santana felt like a third wheel, and the thought was making her nauseous. For the rest of her life, she would be a third wheel to Quinn and Richard.

She felt so betrayed by him.

"I'm sorry, what?" She snapped, looking into her fathers eyes, with hurt in her own.

His smile deflated at her reaction. "She's moving in," he repeated, with less excitement in his voice, and more hesitation.

Quinn looked to the floor, clearly uncomfortable with the reaction they got.

"Papa… You didn't want to ask me first? This is my house too!"

The couple tensed at Santana's words. "I didn't think you would have a problem with it. Quinn said the two of you have been getting along great," he defended, placing a hand on Quinn's lower back.

Santana looked over to the blonde with wide, tear filled eyes. Quinn said that? They spent one morning having a somewhat civil conversation, and suddenly they were 'getting along great?' It was a fucking lie! Santana still hated the girl, underneath her soft smiles and civil words. Quinn was not welcome here. "Well Quinn is a fucking liar and doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut!" Santana snapped.

The second the words left her mouth, she gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.

She did not just say that.

In that moment, the entire room froze, and all Santana could hear was her own heart beating. It was beating too fast, and she was beginning to fear for her life.

Richard and Quinn gasped as well, and Quinn almost looked like she had tears in her eyes.

"Santana!" Richard shouted, disappointed written all over his face. "You go upstairs, young lady. I'll speak to you in the morning."

The brunette felt a cold tear slide down her cheek, and she was absolutely devastated. This wasn't the man she loved with all of her heart. This wasn't the man that raised her when their mother walked out on them. This was a stranger who didn't care about her feelings. "What happened to you?" Santana whispered, her voice broken and somewhat accusing.

Richard stood there like a statue. He didn't reveal any sort of emotion. His hand stayed place on Quinn's lower back, defending his woman.

"S-Santana.." Quinn whispered.

Santana's eyes shot to hazel ones, and for the first time, she realized that Quinn was crying.

But why?

Did the blonde truly believe that they were getting along? Was she dumb enough to think that Santana actually liked her? She was her dads girlfriend, of course she would never like her.

Santana sighed sadly and eyed the blonde with a somewhat apologetic expression. Truthfully, this wasn't personal.

Quinn was a very nice woman, and under any other circumstances, Santana was sure that she would like her. But unfortunately, the circumstances were horrible, and Santana found it difficult to be nice to the woman.