𝟑𝟗

"Home sweet home." Constance exclaimed once she walked in the house.

She put her hands out, twirling around. She was happy to finally be back home after being at the hospital for a week straight. Since Amira was born way too early, she had to stay in the NICU until she got her weight up and was able to breath on her own.

Every now and then, Amira would stop breathing resulting in immediate care. It was emotional at times since Constance and Demetrius could barely see her. And when they could, they had to look at her through an incubator. Regardless of all the sentimental moments, they were happy to finally be home with their babygirl.

"Ooh, it smells like your mom coconut perfume." She said, sniffing around. She smile at the aroma as Demetrius walked in the living room. He took a seat placing Amira car seat in front of him then proceeded to take her out.

"Remind me to get thank you notes for everyone that bought us gifts." Constance said, once she seen the many gifts stacked near the sofa.

She plopped down next to him, putting her head on Demetrius shoulder. The two of them admire Amira tiny self, sleeping in Demetrius big hands.

"She's really tiny." Constance mumbled, touching the hospital bracelet on her ankle.

"Yeah, but while we were in the hospital, I been thinking about a few things." He told her, leaning and she nodded her head.

"Whatchu been thinking bout boo?"

He chuckled then spoke, "So, since she's a premature, I don't want no one around her until she's four or five months. Probably longer, if that's what you want. In all honestly, I really don't want anyone around her at all, but I know we can't do that since that's her family. I just already know my family finna piss me off about her and I don't have time for that." he told her truthfully.

He had a feeling that everyone in his family, even his mom and pops, were going to try and "control" him. He would be fine with them giving them advice, but since this was their first grandchild they were gonna go to the extreme with it.

"Understandable and I'm fine with all of that. I was thinking the same thing, but wouldn't let them see her until she turned eighteen. Pretty dramatic, but it's whatever." she joked, shrugging her shoulders.

"Shit, if we could then we would foreal. Imma let my family know this and if they have a problem with it then ion care."

"Exactly."

"Mr

"Mr. Brooks, you have mail!" Constance exclaimed walking in the room. She flap the green envelope as she climbed on the bed.

"From who?" Demetrius asked, rubbing Amira back as she laid on his chest.

Constance look at the envelope then chuckled, "Your girlfriend, Tatiana." she answered and Demi smack his lips.

"That's not my girlfriend." he told her, his mood instantly changing.

"Hmm, I mean the way she be claiming you says otherwise. You know she loves you." she cooed and he roll his eyes.

"Yeah, whatever." he muttered.

"Well, imma open it." She said tearing through the paper. Taking out the card, she opened it and a few polaroid pictures fell out. Picking them up, she snickered seeing Tatiana private parts.

"This is a new way to send nudes." She remarked looking through the pictures. She had taken pictures of her breasts, ass, and her vagina.

Just plain nakedness.

"Babe, you wanna see your girlfriend pussy?" She asked waving the picture in his face.

"Babe, get that shit out my face." He told her and she started laughing

"Awe, come on. Your girlfriend sent you nudes, so you have to look at them. I'm not even gonna lie, she have a pretty vagina but that shit probably filled with STDS. You think-"

"Constance..."

"What?" she dragged looking over at him.

"Burn them shits." He told her nonchalant and she smack her lips.

"But-"

"No, buts. She does too damn much, so burn them shits like I said." He cut her off, she roll her eyes getting off the bed.

"I'm not burning them now, so I'm putting them on the dresser. In the middle of the night, if your in the mood they'll be right here for you to use. I'll give you a pass this one time." She told him, putting the pictures on the dresser.

"Hell no." he said, taking Amira off his chest slowly. She whined a little, but stopped once he laid her in her bassinet next to the bed.

Constance frown a little seeing Amira in her bassinet. She got back on the bed getting underneath the covers. She was having a thought, a very sad thought which made her mood change quickly. Looking over at her, Demi noticed she was quiet and had a sad look on her face.

"What's wrong?" He asked and she shook her head.

"Nothing, I'm good." she told him and he kiss his teeth.

"Nah, somethings wrong and I know it. Your mood instantly changed, so what's wrong mamas?" He asked again pinching her thigh.

She let out a small sigh, "I just had a bad thought that's all." she said shrugging her shoulders.

"About?"

"About Amira, I was just thinking with everything that was going on with her what if something happen? Like what if she stops breathing for like a second during the night, or even longer than that and ends up passing away. Just the thought of her having so many complications going on with her makes me nervous." She told him, lowering her head.

Even though, she was so eager to come home and be with her daughter alone. She was worried about how everything would be with all Amira health problems.

"Honestly, though I feel the same way too baby. Actually, I been having the same thoughts since we been in the hospital. Shit, that's exactly why I really didn't sleep while we were there cause I was scared as hell myself. Not gon' lie, I'm still scared too, but we got this. It'll be fine, she'll be fine baby." he told her, glancing over at Amira who was sleeping peacefully.

"Yeah, we got this."