Chapter twelve.

What's up guys, I'm still alive lol
I'm not happy at all how this chapter turned out but I didn't want to drag the wait any longer so here you go.
Next chapter will be the final explanation of both MC's and Yelena's childhood/past.
Hope you like it xx

__________

Rum and rain.

I serve myself a glass of rum and proceed to refill Ymir's, who's laying on my bed fixated on her phone. She chuckles and I lift my head from the glass to see her face.

- Look. - She says between laughter, turning the screen to me.

It's just a bad quality picture of a cockroach with the name 'Carlos' typed under it.

I giggle and hand her the glass, accommodating myself at her side.

- You're dumb. - I say to her as I sit against the headrest of my bed. There's a bunch of pillows surrounding us, and she hugs one as she turns to me, leaving her drink on the nightstand.

- You love me. - She says with a cheeky grin.

- You know I do. - I answer playfully, sipping my alcohol. - I thought we were gonna get caught today, the security guard was awfully annoying.

- Tell me about it. I was the one hugging the bottle under my jacket, I thought I was gonna puke my heart out. - She places her hand over her chest as if to make sure her heart was still in place. - He was so insistent on asking us why we arrived late to the dorms, I don't ever remember him being that nosy.

- He probably suspects something. We always end up making noise or breaking something. - I look at the trash can by the door. - The shards of last week's broken bottle are still in my bin.

- Oh, last week was crazy. And Pieck kept denying it was her who broke it! - She rolls her eyes. - Where is she, by the way? - She turns her head to Pieck's empty bed, neatly made.

- She hasn't come by much. I broke it off with Zeke a few weeks ago and I feel like she's mad at me for it. - I shrug and take another sip. - Sometimes it did seem like she was the one dating Zeke and not me, honestly.

- Well, I do feel more relaxed when she's not around. I get to have you all to myself. - She says, scooting closer to wrap her arms around my waist. - I'm really thankful for having you in my life.

I place my hand on top of her head with care, letting a little smile draw on my lips. Doing so while trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach. I slide the hair band off of her hair, untying her low ponytail so I could glide my fingers through her dark locks. I put the band on my wrist so as to not lose it.

Her hand goes to my thigh and slightly raises my long pajama shorts, exposing the long scar that runs up from my knee. The tips of her fingers follow it with care, and I tilt my head slightly to get a glimpse of her face.

- How did you get this one? - She asks, her eyes look sad, or serious. I can't really tell.

- Let's just say I fell down the stairs and my leg got caught on a crooked nail. - I can feel the hair on my thigh rise slightly to their edge from her careful touch. 

- Was it him? - She looks up at me, now propping herself up on her elbows to look at me. I nod, and I see her brows knit together with a look of pity, as if being considerate of me. - You didn't deserve it, I hope you know that.