29

It was around six in the morning when my phone started to ring, quite loudly.

"What is that?" Jugyeong mumbles before covering her head with her comforter.

I turn over on my stomach and lay up, reaching onto her desk to grab my phone. I bring it up to my face, turning it on, practically burning my eyes from the brightness of the screen. I wince and take the call.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Yusoi, it's Hana, from the front desk."

I sit up.

"Oh! Hi Hana, how have you been?"

She chuckles.

"I've been good, still pretty tired." She admits.

"I can imagine." I reply.

Jugyeong uncovers her head and turns to look at me. She mouths "hurry up" and rolls over in her bed. I 'tsk' at her and turn my attention back to Hana.

"I called you because Haeun dropped off your school uniform and gave me your number to call! That's great that you finally got a phone! You'll have to show me it when you get here, I asked Haeun but she didn't answer."

"Oh she got the uniform already? Okay, I'll be there soon." I say, hanging up the call.

I pull the blankets off of my and get up. I put on the black puffer jacket and grab my backpack before I turn back to Jugyeong.

"I'll be back." I say, opening her bedroom door and closing it behind me.

-

"Hi Hana!" I say, jogging into the Hospital.

She looks over and smiles at me, having a phone to her ear. I go up to her.

"Yes... okay, thank you again. Have a nice day." She says, hanging up the phone.

She reaches under her desk and hands me a gift bag. I take it and look inside to see the school uniform.

"Congratulations on getting to attend school again!" She says cheerfully.

"Thank you."

"Now, show me your new phone!" She says standing up, squeezing my arm in excitement.

I reach into my jackets pocket and take out the phone. She gasps.

"No way! That phone is so expensive. You're so lucky." She says in awe.

"Yeah, in a way, I guess I am."

-

I step off the bus and nervously make my way down the sidewalk. I was wearing Saebom's uniform, realizing I had to get there early to get my schedule. I text Jugyeong that I'll see her later, slightly hinting that "later" meant at school. I snap the phone shut and turn a corner seeing the huge campus in front of me. I walk on and up the huge steps.

"Excuse me." I ask a student.

He turns around and smiles at me.

"Do you know where the main office is?" I ask.

He nods his head.

"You just need to go straight in this direction." He says kindly.

I thank him and walk in the direction he told me to. I open the door, entering the office.

"Oh, are you Yusoi?" A male teacher asks.

I nod my head and slightly bow to him before walking over. He motions for me to take a seat. I remove my backpack and set down the gift bag that contained my jacket and pajamas.