Hell comes to Los Angeles

Thunder rumbled and lightning lit up the sky. Once the light show had finished the darkness returned. The icy wind whipped up and got under his coat. He pulled it down with one hand and shivered but tried to ignore it as he wiped freezing rain from his eyes. Thunder boomed from the sky as if a volcano erupted in the clouds. He felt his steed pull to the left. "Easy girl" he shouted but The cart it was pulling clattered on some rocks. He worked really hard to get the cart back in the centre of the path. The rain lashed him as he tried to get home. Home. His castle. Modest and functional. Their home. A home built on love and kindness. And kindness is why Timerius Goodman was out in this driving rain. He helped those who had indulged in few too many ales get home safe. He was heading up to Rockmans Lookout. The sea looked like an infinite darkness to his left. He knew that this was a treacherous part of the road. He slowed the horse and began to make his way around the track that was very narrow in certain places. As he was navigating a slight bank turn lightning returned to the sky for an encore performance and startled his horse and it took off like a bullet out of a gun. He tried desperately to pull the horse back but the combination of spooked horse and wet slippery grass won that exchange. At the height of the bank curve the cart tipped and Timerius fell out with a dull thud on the soaked earth. He tumbled and rolled towards the outer edge of the look out head first. He tried to grip the earth but his hands couldn't latch on. Down he tumbled looking at the rocks and crashing waves. The fifteen foot drop engulfed him and he crashed onto the jagged rocks. His eyes were barely open...he saw a light...he also saw her. His Clara. Sweet beautiful pregnant Clara. Timerius felt a pull away from Clara and the light. Her smiling face and the warmth of the light enveloped by darkness. A deep cold darkness that snuffed out any trace of light or hope.

Timerius woke up in a dark place surrounded by knee high billowing smoke. He was on his hands and knees. The Grim Reaper floated eerily towards him. He was frozen to the spot and scared out of his mind. The reaper reached out a bony extremity and touched Timerius' face. His felt a numbness overtake his body. An at peace feeling. He didn't even notice the flesh, muscles and tendons all receding until all was left was his old tired bones. The reaper put his cloak and skull medallion on to Timerius. The transformation was complete. The old reaper collapsed into a pile of bones and dust. Timerius stood and nodded at the bones. He knew what he had to do.

Rick Chase ran as fast as he could up  Floridian street towards Peacock road. He was focused on getting there 5 minutes ago.  On he strode barely noticing the people he flew by. He got to the end of the street and pulled up in front of 1277 peacock road. A white ford was bearing down on him. A quick horn blast and Rick rolled forward out of the way and into the way of a car coming the other way...he jumped as the other car approached and planted one foot on the bonnet and flipped forward clear of traffic. Onlookers stared,mouths open. Just another day being Rick Chase he thought. He continued on towards the door leaving behind the driver of the car showering him with abuse. He ran up the Stairs and up to the top floor. He left the stairs drew his weapon and headed towards an open door. There he saw a girl tied to a chair facing away from him. He took a step towards her a felt a cold metal object forced into his neck. BANG...fade to black.

                   Executive Producer
                                and   
                            Creator
                   Warren T Holder.

"Ohhhh no way..." Jesix said as she stared at the credits of "Chase" filled the screen. "I love that show...Rick can't be dead...or can he?" She said to no one in particular. She was in the netherworld using a portal viewing screen normally used to observe those whose time on earth is just about up. She could feel the presence of another  being. She turned left but no one was there and she turned right and she came face to scythe with the Grim Reapers staff! "Shouldn't you be preparing my list?...not wasting time Earth gazing?" The reaper boomed. She waved her hand and the portal switched form her tv show to footage of a woman in an office going about her day. "Who is that? The reaper asked scratching the top of his hood with the scythe. Jasix waved her hand and a scroll appeared "This is Carol Taylor...she claims on her Facebook page to not be afraid of dying...see how that goes" "No more of that confounded Earth box ok?...also one of my scythes seems to be a bit loose...tighten it up for me!" the Reaper said as he waved the scythe across his face. He took on the appearance of a human. He looked like an average human,a face that would help him blend in when he needed to. He tapped the staff on the floor and disappeared. "Do I look like a repair man?" Jasix said outloud to the infinite darkness. She waved a hand at the portal and another episode of "Chase" replaced the office footage of Carol working not knowing it was her last day on earth.