NEO-POP

NEO-POP!Iwaizumi Hajime/Reader

NEO-POP!
Iwaizumi Hajime/Reader

You're no stranger to him.

Iwaizumi Hajime, like most of your other classmates, has always known you to be the designated art kid™. Your classmates ooh and aah whenever you showcase your artwork and boo when you decline their requests to draw them for free. They rush to be your partner for visual-based group projects even when they've never spoken to you before, but you've always preferred working alone anyway, initiating another boooo reaction.

But he also knows you're someone to avoid. Oh, don't bother talking to [L/N], they're not fun to talk to, he hears. You're rude and unfriendly and conversation with you is always deader than a graveyard. And of course, Iwaizumi isn't one to indulge in such juvenile rumours circulating among the students like bad body odor, but considering the amount he's heard about you over the years, he's not entirely sure what to make of you.

or

chronicles of you and Hajime, from the ages of thirteen to twenty-three

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

THEMES/CONTENT

slice of life, coming of age, classmates to friends to lovers, fluff, tiny bit of angst if u squint reeeally hard, minor original characters, lots of timeskips ranging from a few weeks to several months, reader is referred to with they/them pronouns + gender neutral terms, 40k word count (2000-6000 words per chapter)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

PLAYLIST

XANH Ngọt • TALK TO YOU Ricky Montgomery • NOTHING HAS CHANGED The Polar Boys • BAD wave to earth • EVERY TIME AROUND Vansire • OLD WITH YOU grentperez • WAVE wave to earth • STARGAZING The Neighbourhood • MY HEART IT BEATS FOR YOU grentperez • SO...

XANH Ngọt • TALK TO YOU Ricky Montgomery • NOTHING HAS CHANGED The Polar Boys • BAD wave to earth • EVERY TIME AROUND Vansire • OLD WITH YOU grentperez • WAVE wave to earth • STARGAZING The Neighbourhood • MY HEART IT BEATS FOR YOU grentperez • SO, AGAIN The Poles

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I started this fic as a way to explore my writing style & improve, so the first couple of chapters may seem juvenile, especially since the first half spans over three years of middle school for the characters while the second half spans over high school + college. There also may be inconsistencies in the plot because this story took me 4ever to write and I am forgetful ^__^

regardless of its flaws, i hope u enjoy reading Neo-Pop as much as I enjoyed writing it!

STARTED: APRIL 6, 2021
COMPLETED: MAY 26, 2023