Chapter One - History & Mysteries

Portland, Rose Petal 2006

"Mom! Look at this!" A girl, about the age of 12, exclaimed holding a red rose, "it's so pretty!"

The mother smiles as her daughter handed the rose over to her. She looked down at it and let out a small chuckle before looking back at her daughter. The girl looked over to her mother with big blue eyes and a wide smile.

"It's beautiful dear, thank you." The mother thanked as she put the rose into a small vase near the window close to the door. The girl tilted her head as her mother continued to fill the vase with water. When the mother finished she looked to her daughter, "Liana, shouldn't you be on your way to school now?"

Liana nodded, as she went to go get her bag and shoes. After Liana was done she kissed her mother goodbye and walked down her normal trail, she uses to get to school. Liana smiled as she waved at some of her neighbors, who waved back. She was almost close to school when she heard a noise, Liana frowned. The noise was coming from the forest near the school, she looked around and saw anyone who was near the trail were busy doing whatever they were.

Liana walked a little closer to the forest and saw rose petals leading to somewhere, it looked as if someone planted them. She walked closer and saw more rose petals, she looked behind her and at the school but shook her head and ran into the forest following the rose petals. Liana slowed her running a little when she realized the rose petals had come to an end.

"Huh, weird." She mutters under her breath and shook her head.

Liana turned around to go back but realized that the path that led her here was gone. She took a step back, a little startled. She looked down and realized that the rose petals were also gone. Liana started to panic, great she was lost.

"No, no, no, no" Liana kept repeating over and over under breath in panic.

"You know saying no over and over again does no one good right?" A voice says behind Liana, causing her to jump back a little in shock. "Wow, sorry didn't mean to scare you."

Liana looked at the stranger with a scared expression. He smiled at her which just caused her more panic. Oh god, he's gonna kill me. The man suddenly stopped smiling and wore an offended look.

"Hey," he started offended, "I'm not gonna kill you!"

Liana looked at him surprised, "did I say that out loud?"

"Yes, yes you did." The man scoffed, "how rude of me," he held out his hand, "Void."

Liana stared at the hand hesitantly before shaking it, "Liana."