4. jacob and andrew

A few moments later and an almost inaudible "I'm coming" later, a small boy opened the door.

He was probably 10 and had red curly hair with deep brown eyes, "who are you?", he asked bluntly.

"Hey lil dude.....uh.....I'm Y/N. I'm Anna's friend. Is she here?"

He holds out his smaller hand and i shake it. He opens the door wider and says, "I'm Jacob. And Anna's here but I need to know why you want her"

He says with his small hand out like a stop sign.

Nosy lil dude

"I need my car back buddy", I say as I lower myself a little to him.

His face lights up as he hears me talk, "THATS YOUR CAR? THAT IS SO SO SO COOL. I CANT BELIEVE YOU LET ANNA DRIVE IT. I asked her to take me on a ride and she wouldn't. It's so cool.", his mind was blown at the classic car.

"Yeah she's pretty. But I never get her dirty. Look you wanna see my truck. It's another old truck that me and my grandpa were fixin up. It's an off roading beast.", i say as we step inside so I can show him on my phone the truck.

It truly was a beautiful truck. (For example of what I'm talking about——Chevy square body)

We were sitting at the bottom of the steps when I hear something fall from upstairs

We were sitting at the bottom of the steps when I hear something fall from upstairs. Me and Jacob look up at the ceiling to hear a loud scream from Anna.

I dart upstairs and follow the scream

I run into her halfway open bedroom door and see her standing on top of her desk, staring in my direction.

"KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT.....ITS GONNA BITE ME", she yells as she points to the wall next to me.

I look over and see a spider above the light switch thing. I walk into her room and walk up to her.

"Seriously?", i say smiling as I take her green notebook and walk back to the wall. I smack the spider as hard as possible and she lets out a loud breath.

She jumps down and hugs me, "thank you thank you thank you"

"Yeah yeah dummy. It's a spider. It ain't gonna kill ya", I laugh against her hug.

She pulls away and slaps my chest, "they could still bite me......asshole"

I act appalled and push her off, a little too hard because she stumbles backwards.

"Asshole? Me? The person who went out of their way to save the pretty softball girl's car from staying dirty? The person who just killed  spider for that pretty girl? The person who let that pretty girl take my very expensive and priceless classic car while I went clean hers? Even though I didn't do shit to it... hmm? Still sure I'm the asshole?", i said as Anna stares at me with a grateful smile

She hugs me and I feel her breathe in and out.

"Thank you Y/N", she mumbles on my neck

Butterflies...

She pulls away with a even bigger smile on her face

"What?", I laugh and question her

She pokes my chest.

"You called me prrreeetttttttyyyyy", she exaggerates

My face turns red and I feel the heat in my cheeks.

"Ahh Fuck.....don't play with me like that mane", i say beet red with my hand on my neck

She giggles. That's cute.

"Come on. Your keys are downstairs. Follow me.", she says

I do as we walk down to the kitchen. I feel Anna's keys in my pocket and I grab them as we walk into the big room.

I see a man with his back faces to me and I assume he's cooking.

She walks around the island and greets him.

"Hey dad. Y/N is here for her car.", she says and he turns around after turning off the stove.

Me and him maintain eye contact as he reaches out his hand.

I grab it and shake, "nice to meet you sir. I'm Y/N."

"Nice to finally meet you too. I'm Andrew . Anna's dad. And I am a big fan of your car. She is beautiful", he compliments the Mustang

We let go of our hand shake

"Thank you sir. My grandfather and I have worked on the Mustang and Chevy Squarebody since I was old enough to hold a wrench", i smile as he does too.

I see Anna looking at me with that beautiful smile she always wears. I smile back at her and wink as her dad takes a sip from a wine glass near the stove.

"Well I'd love to see the truck sometime. But right now I'm cooking Tuna steaks. Would you like to eat with us?", he asks and I see Anna bite her lip as she sits on the granite counter top.

"No thank you sir. I need to go home and take a shower. Plus I gotta go home for dinner. Thank you though", I say as I see Anna's expression change.

"Alright we'll goodbye Y/N. Come again", he says as he turns back to the stove.

Anna jumps off the counter and grabs my keys in the bowl next to a few other keys. She walks past her dad and says, "I'll walk her out"

He nods and finishes cooking.