Stay In and Not Sleep

*Monroe's POV*

It's almost 11 when we pull up in front of Cade's house and find Ben and Sue loading up the SUV. We're flying out of San Francisco so we're just leaving our cars at a park and fly. Cade tells me he's going to grab his suitcase and that he'll be right back. I walk up to Sue and she says, "Good morning sweetie. How did your last exam go yesterday?"

"Good morning. It went well I think. Fingers crossed the teacher agrees with me,"

She laughs and says, "I'm sure you did great."

At that moment, Lily and Hanna come barreling out of the house and slam into me, wrapping their little arms around my waist. "Good morning girls. Are you excited to go on a trip?" I ask them and they release me and start jumping up and down start chanting "trip! Trip! Trip!" over and over.

"That means yes," Sue says to me. "I bet your car will be a much less overwhelming drive. What are the chances Cade will switch spots with me?"

"0%," Cade says, walking out the door with his bag.

"You could always just join us and ditch Ben with the girls," I say half-jokingly.

"Now there's an idea," she says conspiratorially.

"Alright, the bags are all packed. Are we ready to get this show on the road?" Ben says as he comes around to us, putting an arm around Sue's waist. It's still unsettling to me how well he plays the role of loving husband when people are around, knowing how shitty he is behind closed doors.

The drive is pretty smooth and check in is not too terrible. As we walk through the airport towards our terminal, Lily and Hanna insist on holding hands in between Cade and I, forming a rather inconvenient 4 person chain.

We all take a seat, the girls on mine and Cade's lap. I decide to snap a selfie and Lily and Hanna make the most ridiculous faces. I send it to the Bitches group snapchat. After not too long, we hear our boarding call so we line up and get on the plane.

When our plane touches down, it's right around dinner time and the girls are starting to complain about being hungry. We stop to get them a snack in the airport before going through customs, collecting our bags and grabbing the shuttle to the resort.

Ben goes to check us in. Ben, Sue and the girls are staying in one room with two beds and Cade and I have our own room across the hall. We quickly drop our stuff off and change out of our comfy clothes. I put on a peach coloured strapless sundress that flows out a little from my waist and cuts off mid-thigh. I almost make it to the door when Cade comes up behind me, slipping his hands under my dress and says, "I like this dress," and kisses my neck.

"Pfft, you like any dress that gives you easy access."

"Is that the worst thing in the world?" He says, slipping his hand in between my legs.

"Right now it is. We have to get to dinner Cade," I say, removing his hand from me and opening the door.

The door to Sue and Ben's room opens at the same time and the rest of Cade's family piles out into the hallway. We walk down to the restaurant in the resort. Sue and I split a bottle of wine, Cade gets rum and Ben orders whiskey. It's an all-inclusive resort so we fully plan to take advantage of it.

After a few more drinks, we're finished eating and the girls start yawning so Sue and Ben take them up to bed while Cade and I decide to go hang out by the bar outside. We grab drinks and then sit on the edge of the pool facing the beach with our feet in the water and I lean my head on his shoulder. The sun is starting to set, covering everything in a beautiful orange glow. When we finish our drinks, I stifle a yawn. Travelling was not only tiring for Lily and Hanna it would seem.

I put my chin on Cade's shoulder and say, "How lame would it be if I said I kinda wanna go to bed right now?"

"Not lame at all. I've been thinking about finishing what I started all evening," he says, sliding his hand further up my thigh.

I smile, kiss his cheek and then stand up, pulling him up with me. When I open the door to our room, Cade shoves me inside and then back against the door and then pulls my dress over my head and then picks me up and throws me on the bed. Cade is never gentle with me, and I like it that way. His dominating personality is one of the things that turns me on most about him.

When we're both completely spent, Cade pulls the covers over me, neither of us bothering to put pajamas on and climbs in beside me. I unlock my phone and Cade says, "You had better not be setting that alarm at 5am on our vacation Monroe."

"I wasn't!" I lie. I was definitely going to set it for 5am.

"Yes you were. Come on, take a break. We could sleep in, or just stay in bed the whole morning and not sleep," he says with a wink.

"Fine you win. No alarm." With that I rest my head on the fluffy pillow, curl into Cade's side and fall asleep quickly.