Chapter 22: Love Is A Bonus

Osamu followed you like a lost puppy as you maneuvered the building, walking towards the elevator as you tapped at the floor above you.

It was as awkward as just about anyone would suspect. Your e/c eyes were fixed forwards on the door as Osamu stood a bit away from you, his lips parting to speak before he immediately shut them, hesitant to talk to you.

"You're so tense. Loosen up."

Your voice was firm and sharp as you spoke.

"Right," Osamu mumbled under his breath, letting his shoulders droop at your words, "Did you know that we were partners before today?"

"... Itsuki told me yesterday," You replied, watching as the door slid open, you stepped out, Osamu following after you, "The photographer for studio #10 is running late today, so we need to wait for her."

"Yeah, that's fine," He shrugged, and you sat down a desk where he took the seat across from you, the distance between you a good few meters, "Y-Ya look great by the way."

Osamu knew he might've made a mistake when your brows slightly furrowed, eyes narrowing in on the grey haired male before you mentally sighed.

"Thanks," You shrugged in reply, grabbing your school bag and pulling out your computer, hitting the power button as the screen immediately lit up, your tabs just the way you had left them. Typing away at your screen, you skimmed over your answer for your English assignment before moving onto the next question, the sounds of your fingers quickly tapping the keyboard being the only sound in the empty studio.

"What're ya doing?"

He was trying to make conversation.

And it was only making matters worse.

"Homework."

"Which subject?"

"English."

"Already?" Osamu slightly frowned, "I haven't started."

"You better get on it," You responded, continuing to type away at the computer, "It's due tomorrow."

"I know," He sulked, leaning back in his seat as your eyes darted around the screen in a lazy concentration, "Um, about Thur-"

"I'm here!"

A woman in her mid 30's appeared from the elevator, hair up in a ponytail as she wandered towards you, "Sorry to keep you both waiting."

You shot her a polite smile, shutting your laptop close as you placed it back in your bag, standing up from your seat, "It's not a problem."

"So, here we have (Name) and...., Miya Osamu," She smiled, "Ooh lucky pair!"

Lucky pair?

"Okay," She motioned towards the white screen that stood in front of a camera, "(Name) is already changed and ready. Osamu, I need you to go to the changeroom and change into the outfit that should be there. (Name) can you help him find it?"

"He doesn't need a babysitter," You jokingly frowned before standing up from your seat, "But fine. This way, Osamu."

He nodded, following after you as he finally got a chance to examine your outfit. Heavy black boots paired with a plain shirt and trench coat, and tight black pants to match it as a gold necklace dangled from your neck.