Chapter 2- This clock does not tell time

"Cecil." The clanking of silverware and rustles of white, embroidered sheets filled the dining hall.

I glance at the man who called out to me.

"Yes, your honor?" I place my fork on the table.

He slams his fists on the table, glaring at me with widened eyes. The rest of the eating children ceased their movement, although, unfazed by the commotion. This was a typical occurrence in the Wildenstein house.

We stared at each other in silence, his gaze; bitter, disapproving.

"Report this morning's affairs." He clenched his fist as if to strike me in front of the servants.

"I had struck my attendant with a mopping stick." Wiping my mouth down, I settled in my chair.

"I care not for a mere servant, boy," he raised his voice, "You had done such an act in front of the Duke, you fool!"

'Yes, this is the kind of person you are.' I scoff, lifting my head in mock.

"You..." He slowly unclenched his fists, looking down at me.

Ah... Father. Are you aware of how you look right now? Murderous bastard.

I sneer at him. 'Has this heinous fucker gone brainless? Not even bothering to hide his bloodlust.'

I knew why he was vexed. As a Marquess house, we were influential with astounding wealth, but the Duke's; more so. By the relationship my father had with the royal family, if word about the abuse going on in the manor got to the Queen's ears...

'This house would be undeniably ruined.' The sheer idea of his demise gives me shivers.

Unbothered to hide my expression, a sneer was let out. My father's dim appearance did nothing but fuel my amusement.

I could tell he was fighting back the urge to beat me. Abuse was not something he could easily show in front of the other children, as if they would give an inlet of a fuck to see me beaten.

'Tch. As if there was much to hide. I can hear you shits snickering.' I glance at the servants lined up against the white, cemented walls.

Of course, they were. The villainous young master is to be punished once again... Front row passes would be nice, yeah?

Multiple moments pass, his eyes still glued on me; unmoving. The sound of the ceramic, grand clock only amplifies alongside the pressure in the room.

"...You shall dine alone. Head to your chambers." He finally speaks, albeit, the tension in the room unwithering.

On my way to the door, I take one last glance at my father.

Shivers.

His face is completely turned to me. His bulging, vermilion eyes staring me down. The veins on his neck swelled.

It seems I have angered him.

*

*

*

"I will answer what I can, one by one..."

'"What you can"? Implying that some things might be left unknown?' I scrunch my nose, irritated.

"'Unknown' is an inappropriate word, you are sure to figure out things on you own. It simply can't come from me."

'Then, your purpose is not to inform, but to...'

"I do plenty. For instance, I will be granting you a second life, and something to help you along the way."