Chapter 5: The Note

"Hermione was petrified?!" I was shocked. "Yes, and so was Penelope Clearwater!" Ron said. "This is getting out of hand...." Amelia whispered. She wasn't close friends with Hermione or Penelope, but she sure was scared of all these attacks. I'm glad she's getting along pretty well with my Gryffindor friends, though. "They were both looking through a mirror," Ron said. "Hold on, a mirror, petrifications, The Chamber of Secrets, the heir...." Lyra listed. "What's she doing?" Ron asked. "That, Ron, means she's in deep thought, and about to figure something out. Just wait, in a minute she'll go to the-" I was interrupted. "I'm going to the library!" Lyra told us. "See? Bet she'll find out what's behind the attacks," I explained.

***********************************

An hour passed, and Lyra came back from the library. "Basilisk," she told us. "What?" asked Draco. "A Basilisk, that's what's been attacking the students and Mrs. Norris," Lyra explained. "Oh, speaking of Mrs. Norris, did you find out who her husband is?" Daphne asked Anabelle and Lucas. "No, Filch started crying at the memory of his cat being petrified, then kicked us out of his office," Lucas said. "Ok, cool, but back to the point. The Basilisk can kill anyone that looks directly into its eyes, but if not directly, say, through Colin's camera, the victim will be petrified, not killed. It's obvious that Hermione figured that out, and told Penelope to use a mirror, since they're both Muggle-born," We were all shocked, and Lyra went on. "I know that a Basilisk is behind all these attacks, and the monster in the Chamber. But, there must be someone to control it. A Parselmouth, to be precise. The heir of Slytherin is a Slytherin Parselmouth. But the only Parselmouth in the school is Potter, and he's a Gryffindor. So, it's not a student, but that's all I know," she finished.

"That makes so much sense! Well done, Lyra!" Jeremy was the first to say something after a moment of silence while we all processed what Lyra just said. "I don't think any of you Slytherins'll be attacked, since the attacker's the heir of Slytherin," Lyra told us.

"Well, I might," I piped up. "My family and I are the biggest 'blood-traitors' out there, we literally use Muggle TV's! But still, I think we should all take two drops of Athanasia," I said, holding out six dropper-bottles of my mother's potion. "One drop'll make sure you don't die, two will make sure you don't die for 24 hours. So take two drops every morning,, and you'll be fine," I told them.

**********************************

I decided to give all my friends Athanasia, to make sure they'd all be safe.

Today, something strange happened. I was in the library studying with the twins, and when Fred looked at me, I had this weird feeling. I had butterflies in my stomach and I felt really happy. Why? I don't know. So I shrugged it off. I noticed George giving Fred a note, and Fred looked confused while reading it. I knew they had their little twin secrets, so I didn't mind.

When they said they were going to leave, I saw that they had forgotten the note. It probably wasn't that important, so I didn't bother running after them to give it back. My curiosity got the best of me, so I decided to read it. It said: Fred, stop staring at Y/n! I know you think she's pretty but this is getting weird! I think you might like her, mate.

I was confused. Flattered, but confused. He thought I was pretty. When I realized that I got more butterflies. But what did George mean when he said he thinks Fred might like me? Isn't Fred my friend? He should already like me, why else would we be friends? But wait, maybe he didn't mean that kind of liking me. Maybe George thought Fred had a crush on me. I got more butterflies. What the heck is happening?

******************************

The next day, I sat at the Gryffindor table during breakfast. Fred kept glancing at me, and when I looked at him, he would look away. Strange.

I decided to go to the lavatory before class starts, and then it happened. I went to wash my hands, and then I was met by a pair of big, piercing yellow eyes. The Basilisk. I didn't have a mirror or a camera. This is the end. But wait, the Athanasia! I took my two drops this morning. I'm not going to die!

Once I saw those eyes, everything stopped. I couldn't breathe, but I was alive. I couldn't blink, but I didn't need to. I couldn't move my eyeballs, but I could see. My heart wasn't beating. I couldn't move. I could only hear, see and feel. I just couldn't do anything except use my five senses. I stayed like that for a while, until someone came in.

"She said she was in the bathroom. She never skips class, something must've happened," I heard Amelia say. "OH MERLIN," I heard Lyra shriek. "SHE'S PETRIFIED! SHE WAS RIGHT, THE BASILISK DID ATTACK HER!" Amelia yelled. "L-let's take her to the hospital wing," Lyra said.

The girls carried me to the hospital wing, and Madame Pomfrey put me on a bed. During the day, I had a few visitors. First, Professors Dumbledore and McGonnagall came to check on me. Next, Fred literally RAN in, he was worried as hell. He stayed with me for the rest of the day, only leaving for class. He would sometimes even talk to me. This is what happened:

"WHERE IS Y/N?!" I heard him ask Madame Pomfrey. "Over there," she said. He ran over to me, sighing in relief when he saw me. "Hey, Y/n. How are you feeling? I'm not sure you can hear me, but I hope you can. I was really worried about you," he said, holding my hand. When Amelia came, he was still there. "Hi, Amelia," he greeted her. "Hello," she responded. "How are you doing, Y/n?" she asked, stroking my hair. All of a sudden she gasped, like she realized something. "Fred, I think I have a way for her to talk to us!" she exclaimed. "Wait here," she left in a hurry, and came back a little while later with a notebook and quill. She mumbled a spell, pointing her wand at the quill and then me. "Write something, Y/n," Amelia told me. I felt like I was connected to the quill in a way, so I made it write 'Umm, hello'. And from Fred's gasp I knew that it worked. 'I can see, hear, smell and feel everything, but I can't move' I wrote.

I spent the rest of my days in the hospital wing talking using that quill. Apparently more and more Muggle-borns are being petrified, and even Sir Nicholas has been petrified. And Ginny was taken into the Chamber itself, then Potter and Ron went to rescue her. Ginny was being controlled by the heir of Slytherin, who was Tom Riddle, A.K.A Voldemort. Riddle was sort of brain washing her to do everything using his old diary. Strange, I know. Ron and Potter saved Ginny, killed Riddle, who was a memory preserved in his diary, and killed the Basilisk. They also found out that Lockhart was a fraud.

**********************

A few more days passed, and Madame Pomfrey and Professor Sprout finally finished the cure, and everyone who was petrified returned back to normal. When I entered the great hall, I gave all my friends the hug of a lifetime. Boy, it was good to be back.

I invited a bunch of my friends to spend the summer at my house: Amelia, Draco, the twins, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Luna and Lee. I invited Colin as well but he couldn't come.

"What does your house look like, Y/n?" Amelia asked. "Is it big?" Added Lee. "Well, yes it's quite big, I think it's very beautiful. I hope you guys will like it, too," I said.

When we got to the station, Mum and Dad greeted us warmly. When we arrived at my house, everyone was in awe. I mean, we are pretty rich, and our house is huge. We don't talk about it much, though.

"Wow!" the twins exclaimed together. I showed everyone to their rooms (well, technically they're big apartments, but we call them rooms) and then gave them a tour. The indoor waterpark and pool, indoor ice skating rink, indoor amusement park, the forest we call our yard, the duck pond, the mini waterfall, our three winged horses, the giant kitchen, the music room, etc.

"Y/n, your house is bloody brilliant!" Ron said. "And you have so many guest rooms!" Lee added. "Forty-four, to be exact," I told them. "We don't talk about our money much since we like to stay humble,"