Part 17- Choice.

"Wow you're HERE", he had a childish grin on his face which made him beautifully glow.

The happy tone of Taehyung made me unintentionally ignore Yunho's nervous monologue.
"Come with me i wanna introduce you to my friends", Taehyung motioned my shoulder ahead signaling me to walk with him.

Not wanting to ruin my mood listening to the relationship problems between Yunho and Mina for the nth time in my life, I decided to move on with Taehyung before looking at Yunho's face which was more nervous and pale than when he started.

"Umm.. Can we talk after the show?", I asked while looking straight at him with curious eyes wanting to hear a yes....which is what he replied with.

"Yeah..umm sure", he scratched his head motioning us to carry on with our plans.

Yunho's pov

So this is your choice Y/n?

I'm so stupid, I should've just said it.
Why did my stupid brain have to take up so much time to frame sentences?

Im so pathetic rn.

I went back towards the audience hall where I met Mina and Jerry who finally reached the venue, late as always.
The audience hall was large enough to accommodate three to four hundred people.. And it was mad tightly packed.

I gotta say, Taehyung Hyung is getting there.
Winning at life.
Not that I'm jealous... But I wish to have the mysterious charms he has.

The place was big enough for Y/n to get lost in the crowd ever since she went with Taehyung.

Perhaps she would have to watch the concert alone...

The lights dimmed after a few minutes as we all gasped, the moment spotlight fell on an unoccupied mic stand followed by the sound of a piano playing.
Moments later, Taehyung appeared at the perfectly timed Guitar tune and started off with light vocals.
The bass guitar made the song even better as the whole venue surprised its viewers with purple lights all over the place.
His song being heavenly as always, mesmerized all the viewers who swayed to the music..

The show has officially started.

After a song or two, as the crowd gathered pace after screaming of top on lungs and vibing to his angelic vocals, along with his unmatched stage presence, the stage became dark...until...

The spot light fell upon Taehyung , who was drenched in sweat and looked attractive as well as indimidating, panting lightly to steadily breathe, before he started,

"Everyone, thank you so much for coming today.

Today, I have a very special guest here whom I'd like to thank.
Their little compliments made me want to sing again.. They made me feel confident about my voice.
It made me want to sing in front of y'all again..

It gave me courage.
No matter how much I thank her, it's be less.
So I'd like to show my gratitude to her by asking...

Will you be mine Kang Y/n?"

A heightened wave of cheers were heard across the room as people showed extreme enthusiasm for his confession.
Everyone around me gasped for a moment, and then started screaming as they witnessed a female who was being highlighted by the spotlight, walking upto the stage...

Hands on her mouth, probably gasping, she looked around the crowd shyly before running into the arms of Taehyung, who awaited her.

It seemed like happiness chose her,

she looked happier than she ever was around me. Or perhaps, maybe I never spared a moment to ensure that she was happy around me.

With low spirits, I exited the hall walking towards the balcony as the concert continued...
I have a lot on my mind.

After twenty more minutes, when it seemed like the concert was over, there was a dead silence as night approached and the sky turned absolutely dark.
A moonless night... Made me feel certain emotions, more severely than I normally would.

I moved to the terrace of the venue, somehow sneaking in without the guards noticing as I battled with my thoughts on this lonely night,
Abandoning every one I should have been in contact with... until there was a click on the door.

Y/N's pov

Feeling happier than ever, I wandered the dimly lit passages in the building, waiting for Taehyung to take care of all his business before going home together.

I genuinely felt happy today, happier than I've been this month.
I never thought Taehyung felt in such a way about me..
And even dared to confess to me in front of his fans...
Like most people are scared of being rejected, either by their lovers in public..
Or being cancelled by their fans...
But he took such a big risk
For me.

As I reached the terrace, I opened the rusty and noisy door.
Someone familiar turned around, who recognized me as well.

"Yunho", I said, shocked at him sitting alone at this hour.
I was suddenly struck by the fact that I left him in the middle of a conversation which seemed to be of importance to him.

"congratulations", he smiled at me... But his eyes didn't.
I went to sit near him maintaining some distance between us, saying,

"I'm sorry.. You were saying?"

"I'm already late", he said some surprising words with a soft chuckle.

Silence once more invaded us before he continued with a deep sigh,
"I like you Y/n"

The colors on my face left me alone with a million thoughts in my brain.

"I realized too late.. That...

I wanted you to stay with me... For longer
And not as...

A mediator between Mina and Me

For longer", he looked at the sky before looking down at his feet dangling in the air as we sat on the border of the terrace, letting the breeze embrace the silence between us.

We looked at the city view before us with an unsaid answer as we suddenly broke into a laughter; Yunho...followed by me.
We laughed and sighed at intervals without any words exchanged between us.

Who knew she chose me the moment she approached to comfort me?

Who knew I was his choice all along?