Shadows Part 1

Rain dumped down on Seth's position as he patiently waited for his team to get in position. He was currently a couple hundred meters away from an abandoned warehouse where Hartley had set up a sting operation for them.

Only a few minutes later, he heard Skye through comms, "We've got ears on them. The package is in the open."

"Don't engage until the deal's done," May warned.

"Copy that," Skye chambered her ICER.

"Tripp, we got eyes," May asked

Seth swung his scope to a shattered window, a perfect view of the operation, "Archangel, in position."

"Now we do," Tripp answered May, pulling out a tablet showing the meeting.

"That's what I'm selling," Ex-agent Browning dropped a packet on the table, "I'm sure you'd like to see some credentials."

He flashed his S.H.I.E.L.D. badge.

"Agent Browning, for ex-S.H.I.E.L.D., you seem awfully indifferent to who we are," Hartley commented.

"What you are is the highest bidder," Browning put his badge away, "Whether you're in it for profit or for HYDRA, it doesn't concern me, not anymore."

Seth felt his finger brush against the trigger at the mention of HYDRA, images of agents holding guns on Simmons flashing through his mind.

"That's what we like to hear," Hartley crossed her arms.

"What are they buying from him," May asked.

"Intel, not hardware," Tripp answered, eyes glued to the monitor.

Idaho brought over a briefcase full of cash, opening it and showing Browning the contents.

Just as he was reaching for it, Hunter slammed the lid closed, "The mystery I'd like to solve is, why should we be paying you so much? This looks like a box--Sorry--A picture of a box. A picture of a box that you don't have."

Browning glanced between Hunter and Hartley, "The government has it, along with thousands of other assets they've seized from S.H.I.E.L.D., and they don't know what to make of half of them. I worked in a S.H.I.E.L.D. containment facility that had hundreds of boxes that look just like this. But this is the only one that has a level ten classified file dedicated to it."

Hunter looked at Hartley.

"You're selling us a needle in a haystack," Hartley voiced.

"Finding the haystack is up to you. I know your reputation, I'm sure you'll be fine," He fired back, "What I don't appreciate is you changing the terms on me now."