𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

"Maddie! Maddie, wake up! Madison!"

Madison woke up to the sound of Armin calling her name and jolted awake, her body floating mid air for a split second before she dropped down, collapsing onto her bed and her own bed crashing onto the wooden floor as well.

"Madison! Are you-What was-WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Armin exclaimed, his eyes widened and his body slowly starting to shake. "ARMIN, SHUT UP!" She shouted, getting up from her spot on her bed and grabbing the older boy by his shoulders. "Listen to me, you weren't suppose to know about this, but now you do, so you have to keep this between us!"

"W-Why?" He asked softly, Madison letting go of his shoulders and sitting back on her bed, patting a spot next to her. Armin obliged, taking the spot next to her and waited for her to begin talking.

"No one can know about this, Armin. NO ONE. You weren't even suppose to know, but now you have keep quiet about this. If word got out, they're going to do the same thing to me like they did my dad." Madison explained, Armin's eyes widening in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"My father had kept diaries of his in a library at out home. I had discovered that when my Dad used his powers to take down Titans on an expedition, word had got out about it and he had to be detained in fear of him being a threat to humanity. The MPs kept him locked in a cell for almost a year and had only let him out for experiments. Eventually, Commander Keith had found a way to get him out thanks to a new recruit, now Commander Erwin Smith. My father, for many years, had to conceal his powers because one, he was afraid of being used as a weapon, and two, his powers had weakened at one point and he couldn't use it for a while. I remembered he used it one last time before he got killed by the Armored Titan." She explained, Armin looking away to the ground, lacing his fingers together.

"I'm really sorry, Maddie." Armin apologized, Madison nodding and fiddled with her thumbs. "I remember when I was 7, he told me if I ever inherit his powers, that I had to conceal mines as well. I couldn't be used as a weapon, nor should I try to use it. Because even though they want to use my powers to fight off Titans, it can be deadly to humans. But..I never thought..."

"That you would get these powers?" Armin asked, Madison nodding and moving her hands to grip her kneecaps. "You have to promise me, Armin. You can't tell anyone about my powers. Not even Eren and Mikasa. They can't know either. I don't want to hurt anybody."

"I understand. And I won't, trust me. But, there's still a question on my mind? Why not Mikasa and Eren? They're our friends and you know they'll always support us, no matter what happens." Armin stated, Madison standing up from her spot next to him. "My Dad lost trust in some of his friends, even the ones who supported him through everything. The only person who stood by his side was my mother. But she still had her concerns. No matter how much she loved my father, she was still afraid of him and his powers." Madison explained, helping the boy to his feet.

"Okay. I get it. But, Maddie..they'll eventually find out. And I'll back you up if I need to. You're my best friend, Maddie. And I won't abandon you." Armin assured, Madison smiling and grabbed his arm, wrapping her arms around his torso and hugging him a bit tightly. "Thanks, Armin."

"Anytime. Now, come on. We have to get ready for training." Armin reminded, Madison pulling away suddenly and her eyes growing wide. "Wait, we've been talking for an hour?!"

"Well...yeah." Armin laughed out, the girl rushing to her drawers and scrambling to grab her clothes. "Holy shit, I'm a rambler!"

"Heh, its okay!" Armin exclaimed, Madison giving him a 'are you for real?' look. "No! It's not oka-then again, you ramble, too."

"I do not!"

"Do too."

"Just go get dressed, Maddie! Dang it!"
--