#2 Reunion of the Broken

Diagon Alley was run down.

The shops we used to buy our first school supplies, or did other errands, were empty and trashed down, left in nothing but ruins.

Once the wizarding world was informed about You-Know-Who's returning, almost every shop couldn't pay for their rent, or was either raided by the death eaters, since no one was particularly graving for a shopping trip in fear for uninvited wizards or witches crashing it.

I didn't know how, but Ron's brothers did the impossible. The shop, which Fred and George opened after they left the school last year, was still open and bustling with young magicians.

The Weasley's Wizard Wheezes shop was filled with students as Harry, Ron, Ginny, Hermione and I walked in. Everything was moving, everything was charmed in a fun or lovely way, which made the store a wonderland for young prankers or people who wanted to enjoy their sortiments of special treats and joke articles.

As Hermione and Ginny skipped over towards a pink stand on which small vails in the shape of hearts were laying in and Harry was interested in a black, glittering powder, was I distracted by a boy with black hair standing with his back turned towards me.

Blaise was running his fingers over a vail of the love potion Hermione and Ginny were standing at too, not noticing that I approached.

„Blaise Zabini, did you hide the fact you're having a crush on someone from me all the time, or why are you eying something banal as love potion like it's pure gold?", I snickered and stationed myself behind him. But as soon as he heard my voice, he turned around and pulled me in for a tight hug.

„It's so good to see you.", he grinned in my hair.

The boy got taller, his body more defined as I hugged him. And his smile was warm as he kept me one arm length in front of him to look at me.

„It's good to see you too, Blaise.", I smiled back softly. „Especially here, did you come alone?"

„Actually.", Blaise raised his eyebrows and pointed at another black-haired boy eying the shelf with puke pastils and other treats suspicious. His face softened as he caught my gaze, quickly walking over to greet me with a hug.

„Fox, you look good.", Theo grinned and pushed his hands in the pockets of his coat.

He was still a terrible liar.

I knew that I looked terrible, because I didn't sleep that night and my skin was pale as if I was empty of blood.

„Hey, do you have a minute? I wanted to talk to you.", Theodore formed small wrinkles on his forehead, before he tilted his head towards the entrance.

„Sure, Blaise here is probably busy enough coming up with an excuse, why he's interested in love potion for the next few minutes.", I snickered and followed Theodore towards the door.

„Yeah, Fox, take your time, so that I can think about a believable explanation.", the Slytherin shook his head amused and laid the vail back into the shelf, as we walked out into the dark street of Diagon Alley.

Theodore diverted me towards a bench standing a few steps down the shop, shielded from people entering and leaving.

„You're okay?", he asked as soon as we sat down. I crossed my legs before my arms came around my knee, right as he laughed out half-hearted. „Probably a pathetic question."

„I'm okay.", I answered with a small smile, even though I was relieved that he didn't see it fully by the dark surroundings.

Because I was really not. But I was good in hiding.