Prologue: Favor

(Sorry for unpublishing this for a few weeks ahahaha)

   "Ah, damn, I lost to you again," Hinata chuckles, "I'm foolish to continue trying to beat the Super High School Level gamer."

   Nanami smiles. "I believe in you, Hinata! Listen to your boyfriend and have some hope! I know you'll get there one day! . . .I think."

   Hinata smiles, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Thanks, but I think it will take years and years to even scratch the surface of your level of skill, Nanami."

   The peach-haired girl shrugs. "I'll help you get there, if you want. You're actually not that bad."

   "Gee, thanks Nanami," He rolls his eyes playfully, "I'll keep practicing over the Spring Break. When I'm not studying, that is."

   "It's a shame that the Reserve Course has so much work over the year that they don't even get a real break."

   The brunet shrugs. "I don't mind it much. I mean, you work so hard to get into it, it's only expected to work even harder once you actually get in. If you do get in, of course," He turns to his friend with a tired smile, "You sure are lucky, Nanami."

   "Yeah, maybe, maybe not. . ."

   "So what are you doing for the week, Nanami?"

   Chiaki frowns. "I have no plans. Probably just chill at home and. . .game, I guess? I've got nothing better really to do. I have another little test of my talent coming up in a few weeks anyway, so. . ."

   "If you really want, I can. . .free up some time and we can spend a day together or something."

   "Aww, but what about me?" A new voice asks, joining the conversation, making both of them jump.

   Hinata's eyes widen. "Nagito! What are you doing here?!"

   Komaeda rolls her eyes. "Did you really forget? Huff, as expected of a Reserve Course Student. Come on, we're going to be late for our reservation."

   The fluffy-haired boy grabs the brunet's hand and tugs him off of the edge of the fountain and onto his feet. "See you after the break, Nanami-san!" He sings, skipping away, dragging a helpless Hinata Hajime after him.

   Nanami rolls her eyes and smiles. Those two are so funky. 

   She begins to gather her things, packing her hand-held gaming device away, ready to go home, when a frantic high-pitched voice interrupts her process, freezing her in her tracks.

   She looks up, surprised, to see the blonde Ultimate Princess sprinting towards her with a frantic expression on her face. Chiaki moves to her feet, rising to meet her.

   Sonia nearly collapses in front of her, hunching over to place her hands on her knees as she struggles to draw in breath. Nanami bends down slightly, pulling the princess back up and make eye contact.

   "Nevermind, what's wrong?" She asks anxiously. 

   The blonde looks down at her with wild eyes, roughly grasping Nanami's shoulders. "I told you, you can just call me Sonia-no, no time for that! Nanami, I messed up big time and I am in desperate need of your help!"

   The gamer's eyes crinkle in worry. 

   ". . .What did you do. . ?"

   A few minutes earlier. . .

   "-Yes, Mother, I-I-Oh course I'm dating someone, why are you going on about an arranged marriage instead? Of course I'm lovable and like many princesses I have many suitors lining up for my hand but there was only one in my favor. . ."

   'Damn it, there had to be a better excuse than that. . .well, I suppose I can only go along with it, now. . .'

   "You have a partner, huh? Very well, what is their name?"

   ". . .Nanami Chiaki. . ?"

   'What the hell was that?! That was the first name of when you thought of a relationship, really?! Nanami is going to kill you. . .'

   "A girl? That is. . .most unusual but alright. . .Sonia, I expect you to bring her home with you for the break."

   "Pardon?! Excuse me, Mother, but-"

   "Goodbye, darling, see you soon!"

   "Mother-. . .damn it, she huh up."

   The blonde groans loudly, letting her two hands fall to her sides. 

   Great, what a mess she's gotten herself into now. And what's Nanami even going to say?!

   Present Time

   "-And when she asked for my partner's name, I panicked and gave her yours, so, would you mind coming back to Novoselic for the Spring Break and pretend to be my girlfriend please?" The princess blurts out quickly.

   Nanami blinks twice, startled. ". . .What?!"

   "Okay, I know this is sudden and crazy but it's just for one week and then in a few weeks I will just tell her we broke up or something, please, and I will owe you big time!"

   The two girls stare at each other for a moment, one frantic and anxious, the other startled and confused. 

   ". . .You want me to go back to Novoselic with you as your fake girlfriend?" The gamer says finally.

   Sonia's eyes widen. "Could you? Please? I will do whatever you say afterwards if you could just do this one great big favor for me, please, please, please?!" She begs. 

   There is another moment of silence.

   ". . .When do we leave?" The peach-haired girl asks finally.

   The Princess's eyes light up. "Tomorrow morning. So you'll do it?!"

   Nanami nods slowly. "Sure, as long as it's cool with my father that I can go with you, then I don't mind helping you out of this jam. It'll be fun too. . .I think."

   The blonde practically collapses to her knees in front of her. "Oh Nanami, Nanami, thank you, thank you so much!" She wails.

   Nanami's cheeks go pink as she helps her friend back to her feet. "Alright, alright, Neve-Sonia, sorry, please calm down."

   "I apologize, I am just so relieved you are willing to help me out with such a huge thing! Thank you, Nanami, thank you!" She sobs, leaning on her friend.

   "Okay, for starters, why don't you practice calling me 'Chiaki' so we seem extra close to your family, huh? And what time tomorrow morning?"

   "Sorry, Ch-Chiaki. I will be in front of your door to bring you to the airport at nine am, will that be sufficient. . ?"

   "Yes, I'll be ready by then. Not a problem, Sonia, not at all."

   "Chiaki. . .thank you so much, truly!"

   Prologue End

   (Next chapter coming soon I swear)