Part 33

Dear diary,
I don't understand what happened. I don't understand magic. I don't understand myself. I wish I knew more. My head pounded as my memories rush back to me. I looked up at Klaus. "Are you alright?" He asked me wiping hair from my face. I nodded bringing my hands to his face. Opening my mind to him as my fingers lightly glazed his temple. He shut his eyes as the memory of what just happened entered his mind. Once the it had finished he opened his eyes again. He looked worried, but that was a face I had seen before. I hear a the floor creek beside me. I twisted my head to see Elijah exited the room. He looked down at me softly smiling. "Good night". I gave him a smile as I sat up from the ground. "Wait Elijah can you please show me my room?" I asked stopping him in his tracks. "You're not going to bathe" Klaus protested. I looked back at him raising my eyebrows. "Too many bad memories in this room" I said. "Beside your vampire I thought you would have gotten used to the smell of blood" I glared at Klaus. He glared back trying to convince me  to bathe with his eyes. But I knew I would win. "Fine" he sighed rolling his eyes. "But first thing in the morning" He said. I nodded "whatever you say" I said slowly getting up from the floor. I winced clutching my hip. Elijah gracefully walked over to me. Grabbing my side holding me up. We slowly began to leave the restroom when Klaus yelled behind me "Grace... I'm sorry for today". "I know you are" I said without looking back at him. I could fell that his apology was sincere. I could feel his emotions, his guilty. As soon as me and Elijah exited the room, I stopped. He looked confused as he turned his body towards me. I placed my hands on his shoulders, helping to support my balance. "I want to thank you for today, no one has ever been there for me before" I said looking into his deep brown eyes. He took his back hand gently running it across my face. "You are the most beautiful frame I have ever seen" he smiled. "I am drawn to you in a way unlike other women" he said his fingers grazing my lips. He paused. "My brothers have eyes for you as well" he slowly said dropping his hands from my face. I hid my sadness. Elijah was willing to give up every for his family. He would give anything up for his brothers. He was a noble man. He loved in a way I wanted to be loved. I gave him a weak smile. "So which room is mine" I asked him changing the subject. "We don't have a prepared room yet, you will be staying with me" he said leaning me to his room. Elijahs room was plain. There was no decorations. He had plain brown walls with a plain white bed. I looked over to see a bookshelf. "I see you like to read" I said to him. He walked me over to the bed sitting me down. "Yes indeed I do" he said walking over to the bookshelf pulling a dusty book from it. Offering it to me. The blue cover caught my eye. "Hymns and fragments." I smiled at him taking the book from his hand. I placed my hand onto the cover feeling the texture. "I could read it to you if you like?" Elijah asked me. "So you don't think a women of my stature can read" I accused him. He was taken back by my comment. I began to giggle. I was only joking with him. I patted the bed. Encouraging him to sit down beside me. Elijah gently sat down next to me. I turned to him passing him back the book. "That would be lovely Elijah" I smiled.