Chapter 17

You were laying in your usual spot, still toying with the idea of death.  Suddenly there was a commotion around the fire, due to your hazy vision you could not quite make out what was going on.  You tried to move your body to get a better view but it happened slowly.  

The leader ran up to you with an angry look on his face as he roughly picked you up and supported you.  He held a knife to your throat as he turned you both to face the commotion at the center of their village.  

You could make out elves fighting the men, you recognized the armor of Mirkwood and immediately knew that Legolas had found you.  The master still held you in front of him not moving the knife from your throat.  He let out a loud roar that got the attention of everyone.  "Stand down, men, I know what they are here for," he commanded as the others lowered their weapons slightly allowing the elves to gather together in front of the master.  

Legolas pushed his way to the front standing by Noben, his sword raised and his hair disheveled.  His angry expression quickly gave way to one of fear as he saw you.  You tried to manage a smile for him, but it only came off as pained.  

"Leave here or I will kill her," the master said pressing the knife closer to your throat.  

Legolas lowered his sword but his expression turned angry again.  "I do not intend on leaving here without her, if you hand her over, I might be convinced to let you live." 

The master pulled you closer to his body, using you as a shield.  "Funny elfling, but I think I like this one." Legolas took a step forward but the master only pressed the knife into your skin to prove a point.  A small trickle of blood ran down your neck and Legolas stopped in his tracks.  You showed no pain on your face, trying to encourage Legolas.  

Noben stepped forward placing a hand on Legolas' shoulder.  "Do you know who that is? That is (Y/N) of the woodland realm, soon to be princess of Mirkwood.  If you do not release her, my King will surly have an army on your doorstep within a day." Noben finished trying to find a peaceable solution to their predicament.    

The master took this in for a moment, before pulling you closer to his body and running a hand across your stomach.  "I did not know who she was, but now that I know she is a princess, she might be worth keeping."  

Legolas lunged at him wildly with rage and fear painted across his face.  The master easily evaded him and pressed the knife even closer to your neck spilling a little more blood.  "Oh no, elfling, do not think that I would still not kill her," the master spat back at him.  

They were at a standstill, you knew you had to do something or it would not end well for anyone.  You made eye contact with Legolas trying to send him all of the love you felt in a single look.  Your feebly opened your mouth, "It's okay baby, it's okay," you said weakly.  

A tear rolled down Legolas' cheek as he heard how weak you were, you nodded to him hoping that he would get the message that you were desperately trying to send to him.  The master mistook your words for cooperation and loosened his grip on you slightly.  

You tapped into all of the strength you had left and elbowed the master hard in the stomach, you quickly drew a dagger that was attached to his belt and slashed him arm forcing him to drop the knife he held to you.  While you had the master slightly distracted Legolas notched an arrow in his bow, your arrow that you shot at camp.  He leveled it at the master as you held the dagger to his chest.  

The men around you raised their weapons ready to fight again, but you spoke.  "I could kill your master with one move," you said with a newfound strength that mainly came from a rush of adrenaline.  The master raised his hand in a command for his men to step down.  

"Well played, she-elf, I didn't think you had it in you," the master chocked out, "I guess we could never break you."  

You scowled at him, "I guess not." You gave Legolas a look and nodded.  He released the arrow he was holding and it landed inches from you, lodged in the heart of the master.  You smiled as you recognized the fletching of your arrow as you let the master fall.  He had no more words, just a smile as his life left him.  

The men looked scared but raised their weapons at the elves.  Your company all notched arrows ready to take them all out.  You slowly and not so gracefully made your way to them without breaking eye-contact with the men.  You placed your hand gently on Legolas' bow lowering it to the ground and the other followed suit.  "It isn't worth it," you whispered, "I want to get out of here."  

Legolas nodded to your order and grabbed you supporting your weight.  He was speaking to you, but your adrenaline high was wearing off, you couldn't make out a word he was saying.  You tried to speak to him but you were not sure if you were actually speaking.  The darkness slowly crept around your vision as you felt like you were being lowered to the ground, Legolas blurry outline still above you.  

"(Y/N), hold on baby, please stay with me," he said loudly trying to shake you awake.  You were trying hard to keep him in your vision, you managed a smile as you reached up to place a hand on his cheek.  Then the darkness won, and you could feel nothing.