11.

everyone's eyes were glued on the mysterious figures dancing together

everyone's eyes were glued on the mysterious figures dancing together. although many people knew that the male was the prince, many questioned the female who had her arms around his neck.

their soft and graceful steps pulled everyone around them in with curiosity. the two of them let their bodies move in sync with the soft sound of music that played in the background.

(for that ✨imagination✨)

with hendery's hands on her hips, he stared down at the girl with heart eyes.

"where'd you get your mask?" hendery asked her softly.

"from an old friend. why? everyone has been talking about my mask yet i don't know why.." xiaomei replies while looking up at the prince.

"it's one of a kind. in fact, our blacksmith made that for a mysterious person. no one knows who it was, not even him."

"yukhei?" hendery nods his head at the name said.

"what's so special about it though? it's just a mas-"

before that sentence could be completed, the large chandelier fell from the ceiling while an arrow hit the wall. the many screams of fear was all xiaomei needed to hear before she pushed herself off prince kunhang. she pulled her sword out of her scabbard and scanned the room for her men.

making eye contact with dejun, she nodded her head before the two of them began to gather their fighters. once they were gathered, xiaomei gave out quick and simple rules.

"prince kun has a pink and purple mask, prince sicheng has a orange-y yellow mask and you all know what prince kunhang looks like. protect them and the other royal members and get everyone out of here." at her command, everyone nods their head and runs off into different directions.

xiaomei turns her head to a small child with lost eyes. running to the child, she picks her up and carries her to the entrance/exit.

"go find an adult you know, trust or recognise and leave with them. understand kid?" the young girl nods her head and runs off.

xiaomei turns around and scans the room again. on the second floor of the room, she saw a man in a plain black hanfu with a black mask that disguised his full face. he has an arrow pointing to prince kunhang who was leaving with renjun.

xiaomei prepares her sword in her hand and runs to their direction. as the arrow was released from the bow, xiaomei raised her sword and slashed the arrow in half before it came into reach with the prince.

the prince and renjun turn at the sudden motion.

"get out of here now!" xiaomei yelled without looking at the two of them.