Chapter 9: Date night.

Joni's P.O.V.

I was all dressed up waiting for the bell to ring. Just a little more lipgloss and..ding dong. Oh God. He's here. I slowly make my way to the door. I quickly fix my hair and flatten my dress. I lay my hand on the knob and twist it. The door cracks a little while I open it. There he stands, looking at the ground, flowers in his hand. As the door is completely open he looks up. A small smile forming on his lips. "Hey." He says, his voice soft.

"Hi." I reply, not able to hide my smile.

"You-you look beautiful." He stumbles out.

"Thanks." My cheeks heat up and turn a rosy pink.

"These are for you." He hands me the flowers. I thank him once more.

"I'll put these in a vase and then we're ready to go." He simply nods in response. I turn around and grab a vase from the closet in the living room. I fill it with water and places the beautiful red roses inside it. Walking back to the front door I grab my purse and keys. I close the door and lock it. " I'm ready to go." He leads me to his car and opens the passenger seat's door. "How kind of you." I smile while getting in the fancy car. I can spot the slightly red shade on his cheeks. He closes the door for me and makes his way to his side of the car. He gets in and takes a breath. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." A small smile rests on his pink lips. "Just a little nervous." He adds.

"Don't be." I try to sooth him, even though I was pretty nervous myself. This is our first date. I quickly kiss his cheek and turn to the front. Out of the corner of my eye I see his cheek turning even more red than they were before. "So where are you taking me?" I ask to break the silence.

"It's a surprise." A smirk on his face. I slightly groan, causing him to chuckle. God, he is so cute. He just continues driving. Half an hour later we arrive at a bowling place.

"We're going bowling?"

"Was that a bad choice? I'm so sorry. I can take you somewhere else if you want to." He starts rambling.

"No, it's perfect." I smile. He gets out of the car and runs around it making me giggle slightly. He opens my door for me and holds his hand out. I gladly take it as I get out of the car. Hand in hand we walk inside. We get our shoes and say our name. We put our shoes on and walk to our lane. I'm up first. "I'm not very good at this." I say as I pick a ball.

"Need help?" He asks sweetly. I nod. He places his body behind mine. My back just slightly touching with his chest. A blush creeping onto my cheek. He puts his hand on mine and slowly moves the ball backwards then forward. We both wait in anticipation. STRIKE! I excitedly jump up and down. He picks me up and twirls me around. A giggle erupts from my lips. "You're so cute."

"Stop making me blush all the time." I say, turning as red as a tomato.

"But it's so cuuuuute."

"You're a weirdo."

"I wish I were your weirdo."

"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"Maybeeee." I softly kiss his cheek.

"Okay."

"Okay?" He asks, just to be sure.

"Okay." I confirm.