The First Day

POV Isabella

I got out of bed, and got ready for school I didn't want to be too early to school, but I couldn't stay in the house anymore. I donned my jacket which had the feel of a bio-hazard suit and headed out into the rain. It was just drizzling still, not enough to soak me through immediately as I reached for the house key that was always hidden under the eaves by the door, and locked up.

The sloshing of my new waterproof boots was unnerving. I missed the normal crunch of gravel as I walked. I couldn't pause and admire my truck again as I wanted; I was in a hurry to get out of the misty wet that swirled around my head and clung to my hair under my hood.

It was the first day at a new big high school. I could do this; I said to my self. I was a sophomore; I had been transferred out of my old school, after my mom got remarried, so I thought it would be nice to start living with my godmother. It was small all-girls high school. So starting here would change my mind about school all together.

I finally got on the bus I wanted to go to the back because I saw seats, so I ended up stepping on someone's foot, as I looked up he had light brown hair that fell over his tanned face and covered his gleaming hazel eyes. His nose and chin were perfect and he had a little stubble, he had pink lips.

"I'm so sorry," I said blushing

"It's okay," he said with a smile.

I finally got a seat; I was so red from that whole incident. The ride was really long.  I had European English, then Chemistry, and yoga. The hallways were all  colored in different colors... strange what we're they on when they colored this school I thought until I stepped on someone foot again. I looked up to see who it was.

"I'm sorry, again", I said

"It's fine, a pretty girl never bumps into me." he said shyly.

"I'm Isabella, but Bella for short " I said

"It's nice to meet you I'm Edward, I really like your name it's so unique, so are you new here at Forks High School", I said

"Yes, I am, is it that obvious that I'm new here". I answered

"No but you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen here, that's all." he said smiling

Slowly, a rosy scarlet color spread over my cheeks, making my face take on an almost childlike appearance. I quickly turned my head away, embarrassed by my reaction. My cheeks flushed to the color of scarlet .My pale face turned as red as a rose. Red leaked into my cheeks as I nervously smiled and bit my lip. I looked away nervously, but I couldn't hide the red glow that came over my face.

"That's so nice of you; um I really have to get to class." I said

"Can I walk there, he said"

"I would really like that," I said smiling

We walked through the hallways; everyone was starting with their eyes open. I was so shocked but when I looked at him I felt so safe, and I wasn't afraid of anyone or anything. The hallway seemed to go forever; the shiny green tile floor loomed in front of me. The whispers of my classmates closed in around me bounding over the closed wooden doors of other classes and stark off white cement walls. We made it to my class, I thanked him for walking me.  We finally got there, and I couldn't wait the get the hell inside the classroom. Damn, this school is such a joke. They all gossip.

"Would you like to go on a date with me this Saturday 8o'clock, so we get to know each other", he said breathlessly.

"I would love to where we are going", I said

"Hmmm... He thought do you like Greek food, he asked"

"I've never tried it before." I said honestly.