𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾

"We've got a lead." Bruce looked back at John, his attention going from his stinging hand to Bruce. He walked and stood behind the chair Bruce sat in that was in front of the Batcomputer. "What've we got?" John asked.

"..It looks like some evidence from the scene. I'm going to ask Gordon if he needs me over there." He implied, typing on the keyboard. "Pal.. I think you've forgot the 'we' in that sentence." John joked, but Bruce was taking this stone seriously.

"John, I can tell that hurts." The chair turned to fully look at him. "It's not that bad!" John used this as an excuse, but Bruce didn't buy it. "John. You can't go. I've made my final decision, and you need to take at least a little time to heal."

He said strictly, but John didn't buy Bruce's excuse either, instead, he came up with a prime example for something he was about to say. "You fell down a building and impaled yourself, and yet you still came chasing after me, didn't you?" John got a bit close, Bruce's cheeks uncontrollably heated.

"...Fine. Just... Be careful with your hand." He muttered in defeat, a smile crept onto John's face. "Yes!!" He giggled, Bruce smiled. Why did Bruce feel so.. Secure.. Around this man? "I'll get my cowl, and tell him we'll be there in at least ten minutes tops."

—————————

"Gordon." Bruce called, Batman in return had Gordon jump from fear as his body snapped towards him. "Jesus Christ, you scared me!" He said, a hand over his chest.

"What evidence did you find?" He asked, wanting toGet down to the bottom of this. "We found an envelope, it was written strictly to you two, so we just.. Waited. Because apparently, this guy has skinned some of Wallers agents... Alive."

Gordon said as he was attempting to light a cigarette. Bruce took mental note of what Gordon said and opened the note, John peering over his shoulder.

Jokers and bats, polar opposites in personality make such attraction, don't they? Like magnets. That won't save you two, I'm Gotham's new fear, now. I'll give you a little rhyme of where I am, you two. Let's see if you aren't as mindless as the magnets you are. Down the rabbit hole, onto its east end, around the corner, onto the bend.

-𝑊𝐸𝑁𝐷𝐼𝐺𝑂

"East end. Crime alley." Both John and Bruce said in unison, unknowing they said that for a moment. "Jinx!" John giggled, Bruce playfully rolled his eyes.

"Joker and I are going to go down to Crime Alley." Batman said simply. "Be careful, you two. This is- well- A serial killer." Gordon implied, Bruce nodded and turned away, John following behind him.

—————————

"You doing ok?" Bruce's deepened voice broke the silence of the car, John's head snapped to him. "Yeah.. Just.. Apprehensive." John admittedly opened, and stared down at his wrist.

"What if he bites you? Like he did with me.. But... Worse-!" Now John was starting to slightly panic, Bruce put a hand on his shoulder and the other on the wheel. "John. It's ok. I have armor, you don't. You're the one we need to worry about."

He looked at John dead in the eyes, They locked a gaze for a moment, until the car started to swerve off of the road. Bruce grabbed the wheel and he got back on the road. "Just- keep your eyes on the road..." John said dazed with shock, Bruce nodded.