Coming Back To Me

TW/CW - implied romantic Roceit- broken up, brief [non aggresive] cursing

"Just do it Ro. Trust me." he gives him a mischievous grin, eyes glittering and dashes off.

"Patt wai-" he's gone.

He sighs, and turns to face the stage, just staring at it biting his lip. You don't belong up there. You don't deserve to stand there. He glances around, hoping for someone to come along and stop him from going up the first step, but no one comes. He looks to the floor, and takes a breath, then slowly steps up on the stage.

For a minute, he just stares out into the empty rows of seats, not sure what to feel or do.

It doesn't take long until he starts to get an idea after the spotlight hits him.

His eyes widen and he looks up to special effect pane, and sees Patton beaming down at him. He smiles back nervously, and looks down at his feet.

He squeezes his eyes shut, and whispers to himself, "fuck it."

He begins to sing, quietly at first, "there were nights when the wind was so cold, that my body froze in bed if I just listened to it right outside the window," he stands glued to one spot, facing the ground, then holds his breath his breath and forces himself to look up to where Patton is.

He exhales, being met by his best friend's reassuring smile as he mouthes "you got this" and giving him a goofy thumbs up, and he feels his confidence boost.

He continues singing, more passionately this time. "There were days when the sun was so cruel, that all the tears turned to dust and I just knew my eyes were drying up forever." he starts moving around the stage, singing the song with his own instincts, and getting caught up in the music. "I finished crying in the instant that you left, and I can't remember where or when or how. And I banished every memory you and I had ever made."

He stops when he hears the slow footsteps coming toward the room, and his head snaps toward the door. His eyes are met with Janus leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed, watching him perform.

His body relaxes, but is washed over instead with a nostalgic sadness, showing in his eyes. He doesn't look away from the other boy as he resumes singing, softer this time. "But when you touch me like this. And you hold me like that. I just have to admit that it's all coming back to me," he glances away, tears forming, but he sings through them. "It's so hard to believe but it's all coming back to me now."