7. 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓵𝔂

Beale and Y/n rushed into the cell and embraced Maurice

"I should have been with you." Beale told his father mournfully, while Y/n nodded her in agreement hugging the older man.

Maurice broke the hug and looked at them with a firm look. "Beale, Y/n, listen to me. It's all right."

He placed one hand on Y/n's head and the other one on Beale's cheek, looking at them back and forth. "Go. Live your life. Forget me."

Y/n looked at the man scandalized. " Forget you?"

"Papa, Everything we are, is because of you. How could you ask for something like that from us!?" Beale asked his father in disbelief.

Maurice gave them a sad smile, shaking his head. "I love you, Beale, Y/n." He gave his son a stern look and demanded, "You will keep her safe. Promise me."

"I promise." Beale answered without any hesitation. He had made that same promise to himself a long time ago.

Maurice smiled, looking at them. "Don't be afraid."

"We love you, Papa... '' Beale whispered, pulling him close.

"We aren't afraid." Y/ns added, hugging the father and son duo.

Beale nodded, then whispered, " And I will escape, I promise. "

"What?!" Maurice and Y/n said together, looking at Beale in confusion.

With that, Beale spun and swung his father and Y/n through the door just as the beast slammed it shut.

Maurice tripped to the ground and Y/n helped the old man while glring at Beale(who at least looked at her apologetically).

The beast growled, looking at Maurice and Y/n then at Beale. "You took his place." He asked angrily, but also confused.

Beale (who was pleading Y/n with eyes to not to do something stupid) frowned turning his eyes at the beast, "He is my father."

The Beast scoffed, "He's a fool."

"Hey! Don't say that you don't know him!" Y/n snapped, glaring at the beast, who stared down at her unimpressed and ignored her.

He looked back at Beale saying, "So are you."

"Yo you overgrown Kitten! I am talking to you; don't ignore me!" Y/n fumed with a new-found courage, poking her pointer finger on the beast's chests.